Finally got me an Acrolite !!

M

Matt Bo Eder

Congratulations! It is one of history's best known snare drums!

BachBeat

Such a workhorse! Unless you want something super left field - the Acro will usually get the job done with a bit of mojo to spare. Even if you want a sound that's a little out of the box - it'll still have a crack at that, too!

I only got rid of mine recently as part of a trade for an old Super Ludwig COB LM400... but I'll get another Acro one of these days.

Consistently recommend these to my students as an upgrade from their stock snare that comes with their beginner/intermediate kit. Congrats :)

ron s

Congrats!!

I got one last year and it sounds better than snares 4x the price.
paid about $130 for it was so impressive I picked up another one from ebay for around $100 with a "ufo" case. So now I have a backup.

Sad that the $100 Acrolite sounds every bit as good as my much more expensive maple snares.

One of the best things about this forum is you get the benefit of all the members experience with different gear. Acrolites get a lot of love on here and for good reason.

alparrott

Platinum Member
The Supra may be the iconic snare on all the records, but the Acro is the snare that everyone seems to own at one time or another. There's literally millions of them floating around thanks to school band sales. Yet another "student" drum that outperforms many "pro" models. Enjoy!

mandrew

Gold Member
Congrats! I have owned several Acros, and prefer them to aluminum Supras. Dollar for dollar, best sounding drum and best value ever made. Millions of users can't be wrong!

I got my Acro last week - and it pops! I'm glad I listened and read about them being something every drummer needs in their snare collection. I'll be holding on to this for a while now. Here's my 'new' 1965 Keystone Badge Acrolite:

Drumolator

Platinum Member
Those are excellent snares for sure. I do not own one now, but I have owned three different ones in the past, one of them for twenty or so years. Enjoy! Peace and goodwill.

mmulcahy1

Platinum Member
I got my Acro last week - and it pops! I'm glad I listened and read about them being something every drummer needs in their snare collection. I'll be holding on to this for a while now. Here's my 'new' 1965 Keystone Badge Acrolite:

This is a very nice looking drum - especially for one that's 50 years-old.

Nice score!

Beautiful. What did you use to clean it up?
This is what I did...

1 bowl of water + Dawn and a soft cloth

Took off the heads/tension rods/rims, but kept all other hardware attached (lugs/strainer/butt plate/muffler, etc)

Took the cloth and got it soapy and damp...not dripping wet or anything...and wiped down the drum and hardware. I then dried it really well. After that I took some drum polish I have made by MusicNomad and sprayed the drum/lugs and rims and buffed them out to get a nice shine. Honestly, the drum was pretty clean and already shiny before I started to clean it. It also came in the original 1965 Ludwig case.

I might take ALL the hardware off eventually to really get it detailed - but I'm happy with how it looks now :)