Fibes Drums

oldmetalhead

In the early 1970's I used to have a set of Fibes drums. Does anyone know if they are still made? I am very sorry I ever sold them. Their sound was very unique.

IBitePrettyHard

They've been defunct for many years. Still highly prized among certain people though. Especially the Buddy Rich fiberglass snare.

Tone Laborer

The first set of drums I played , in the early 70s, was a friend's chrome Fibes kit. He still has them all these years later.

Tommy's drum shop reissued them for awhile , known as the Austin Fibes. I know a guy that plays a set and they are gorgeous, both visually and sonically. It probably helps that the guy is an exceptionally good drummer.

Lenkasammy

The first set of drums I played , in the early 70s, was a friend's chrome Fibes kit. He still has them all these years later.

Tommy's drum shop reissued them for awhile , known as the Austin Fibes. I know a guy that plays a set and they are gorgeous, both visually and sonically. It probably helps that the guy is an exceptionally good drummer.
+1

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
They certaimly have a unique sound. Buddy Rch had his snare drum. Arthur Press of the Boston Smphony Orchestra had one he used in that hall.
Nick Mason had a big powerful kit with Pink Floyd.