Favorite metal drummer?

All of my absolute favorite drummers to have played in the metal genre didn't limit themselves to it so anyway they're Donati, Agren, Lang, Coluita, Carey, Reinert, Jarzombek and Seth Davis who played with Exhorder. I could probably list about a dozen others I hold in a special regard / as above anyone else I'm aware of but those are the names that immediately come to mind.

muzz

Matt Garstka- the new drummer for the insane tech-prog group, "Animals as Leaders". This guy is really great at playing forcefully, yet relaxed. Nice approach, nice feel. Check it:

(skip the first 30 seconds or so): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6xHEO-bfSI&feature=youtu.be
Not a fan of that "Cymbal" sound, they sound more like trash cans....kinda like how I feel about most Giant Beats I've heard.
He's got some skills though that's for sure.

marko138

Silver Member
Honestly, Justin Foley from Killswitch Engage for me. He just plays so musically, not all speed and flash. I get the feeling that he could play any style of music you threw at him not just the genera his band is.
Justin is great. I saw him, well 2 weeks ago with KSE, but 2 summers ago with Unearth. He sounded great playing Unearth's stuff. I really like his style too.

sonortony35

Honestly, Justin Foley from Killswitch Engage for me. He just plays so musically, not all speed and flash. I get the feeling that he could play any style of music you threw at him not just the genera his band is.

Drum-El

I'm a big fan of Shannon Lucas in the metal world. Watching these guys play un-edited is what does it for me.

Kelly!

Travis Orbin, drummer for Sky Eats Airplane and early Periphery stuff. He's mostly a session drummer now and has has over 100 youtube videos of his work. Crazy, imaginative double bass and polyrhythms that are out of this world. Listening to him makes me want to give up LOL yet at the same time inspires me to improve and tighten my drumming.

It's also a blast figuring out and playing anything James cassells does.

Also, check out Travis Orbins drum set up! One of the strangest setups I've ever seen.

SticksEasy

Christoph Schneider of Rammstein is my favorite Metal guy.

I'm not really into Metal anymore, but when I was teen ager I was obsessed with Rammstein. Schneider's drumming is simple, but so driving and effective. If anyone doubts his drumming ability, listen to his pre-Rammstein work, and their newest album Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da. He really cuts loose on the songs from that album.

Lovetadraw

As long as it's favorites and not who we think is 'best', I'll say Jukka Nevalainen (Nightwish) and The Rev (A7X).