Fastest Double Bass Player?

Tim Waterson

WFD ACEDRUMMER
RickJames said:
Is it possible to do moeller technique with the feet?
Years ago I was told The motion I was doing but a group of drum instructors in Vancouver.
You simply whip your ankles to the side and control how many hits you want.
Hope this helps and PS This will all be on my NEW DVD.
God Bless
Tim
www.timwaterson.com

Tim Waterson said:
Yes,
GEORGE is GREAT also SUPER fast and a VERY cool drummer!
I can play at 260bpm so can George, he also has a drum tech that can play at 260 .
Orifist can play at 260 Derek and Tony can probably reach that as well
The 270 is super hard to hold arrrggghhhh.
I give George extra credit as he plays at those tempos everynight and makes it look almost effortless.
NO don't RULE out Mean GENE HOGLAN he is an amazing drummer also and one of my favorites!
I love Dennis but, JO JO MAYER is the best single footed player I have ever seen........
God Bless
Tim
www.timwaterson.com
I agree with tim about this except for the JO JO Mayer is Faster one footed player than Dennis because Jo Jo uses a heel toe method along with sliding his feet with is like cheating IMO, unlike dennis and i think that dennis does play it faster watch his salute to buddy rich video fron the 90's and his clinic solo from In the Pocket.

finnhiggins

GONE MUCH TOO EARLY!!!
UltimateDrummer55555 said:
I agree with tim about this except for the JO JO Mayer is Faster one footed player than Dennis because Jo Jo uses a heel toe method along with sliding his feet with is like cheating IMO, unlike dennis and i think that dennis does play it faster watch his salute to buddy rich video fron the 90's and his clinic solo from In the Pocket.
Mate... nothing is "Cheating" if it gets you more notes out of one foot. That's just like saying that it's cheating to use your fingers to get a faster single-stroke roll, or that it's cheating to play from the wrist instead of the shoulder.

T-1000

haha, Finns, is the dualist cheating? (gets you more hits out of one foot...)

Yes, I know Dogbreath, I should have gone to 'the dualist debate' forum to ask that question...

Tim Waterson

WFD ACEDRUMMER
UltimateDrummer55555 said:
I live Dennis and Have Seen him MANY times watch whe\at dennis does up close as I have and you'll see....
I have seen JO JO up close as he demonstrated it for me when we were trading technique tips doing the Single foot swivel (you'll see George and other death guys do this)
JO JO was doing this faster than his heel toe stuff just for FUN.
There is probably someone else doing it faster on the other side of the world.....
God Bless
Tim
www.timwaterson.com

Tim Waterson

WFD ACEDRUMMER
The_Chaotic_One said:
Didn't Tim Yeung win this years WFD comp in fastest single strokes?
Yes
Tim won this year at NAMM he blistered 872 powerful strokes to win this years competition..
NOW before ALL the other drummers come out and say What? I can do blah blah blah faster that that.........
TIM's feet were solid and powerfull and he was not squeezing the hip flexor to create a shiver..
God Bless
Tim
www.timwaterson.com

The_Chaotic_One

Tim Waterson said:
Yes
Tim won this year at NAMM he blistered 872 powerful strokes to win this years competition..
NOW before ALL the other drummers come out and say What? I can do blah blah blah faster that that.........
TIM's feet were solid and powerfull and he was not squeezing the hip flexor to create a shiver..
God Bless
Tim
www.timwaterson.com
Yea I watched his vid on his website man he was tight as! it wasn't just hit the pedals as fast as you can it was actually in time!

The_Chaotic_One

sonor master said:
i hate this drummer but i think faster db bass player is joey jordison look to war up video of im in drummerworl
Man read the thread from the start there are plenty of drummers who have faster bass drum technique that bloody JJ!

Tim Waterson

WFD ACEDRUMMER
Re: Double Bass

ThomasDee said:
Hi Tim, it's Tommy. I hate to tell you and I have seen thousands of WFD releated threads especially fastest feet and the absolutely worst 'bubble burster' is to see the name TIM WATERSON. haha!

Dude, we know each other, but come on, you have held the two top WFD World Records for like 5 years in a row. right? Insane!

There's tons of metal threads and I have even edited clips for some of these sites and they have been betting on all these metal guys for years that were going to knock you off. Where are they? First before you answer let me say 1030 single strokes in 60 seconds is not a monkey in training. Try 1/16ths at 200 and I think you are at 800 which is pretty close to 'DogBoots' by Virgil. right?

Are you going out to do the WFD at NAMM, if so what can we expect? I know you are not eligible to compete for the $12,000 in prizes, but also what hot young gun with the feet can we expect to come out of this WFD?

How about Thomas Lang? What's up with that?

TD
Hey Tommy
Thomas is checking out the drumometer and he will let us know how he plans to use it.
After recieving criticism about my world records being sloppy...........
This year at NAMM I really tried to focus on playing accuately with the metrenome my best run was 956 with the click at 240 should have read 960 I can hardly ever get it right on.LOL
I also used the same pedals as everyone else ,
not MY SUPER DUPER TURBO CHARGED MIDGET POWERED NITRO AXIS special edition PEDALS................
As for having the record for 5 years well luck is on my side as a matter of fact.
I spoke to drummer the other day who swears at least 14 drummers will wipe my doubles record off the map so we will have to wait and see.....
As for the 1030 I have broken that unofficially at home and I hear others are doing the same thing....I want to have a CLEAN run over 1050 I will keep you posted.....
Tim

tambian89

Tim Waterson said:
Years ago I was told The motion I was doing but a group of drum instructors in Vancouver.
You simply whip your ankles to the side and control how many hits you want.
Hope this helps and PS This will all be on my NEW DVD.
God Bless
Tim
www.timwaterson.com
JoJo Mayer uses this in the video I saw (on this site), and he goes amazingly fast.

- Marc

drumz4eva

jesus, you guys no nothing

tim waterson has the fastest feet, he still holds a record of 1,030 singles and 1,407 doubles.

hardhitter

Speedy said:
If you had to pick one drummer, who would you say the fastest double bass player is? On which song? cd?

I think we are all off point here? I think the question was in a song not sitting at the WFD.
Tim you got the fastest feet theres no fighting that. But in a song I have to say it's Derek Roddy.(Nile) as speed goes. Nile now has Pete Hammoura as there drummer who is also fast. If you want to talk about speed and skill I would say that's Adler. His beats are hard to play.

This is all just my opinion. I'm sure there are bands and drummers out there that are fast. Well I know there are. There just not out there yet. Like the drummer for If hope dies.

The_Chaotic_One

hardhitter said:
I think we are all off point here? I think the question was in a song not sitting at the WFD.
Tim you got the fastest feet theres no fighting that. But in a song I have to say it's Derek Roddy.(Nile) as speed goes. Nile now has Pete Hammoura as there drummer who is also fast. If you want to talk about speed and skill I would say that's Adler. His beats are hard to play.

This is all just my opinion. I'm sure there are bands and drummers out there that are fast. Well I know there are. There just not out there yet. Like the drummer for If hope dies.
Derek only played on SOME of 'Black Seeds Of Vengeance' by Nile, and their current drummer is actually George Kollias whom I would say is the fastest drummer in a song to my knowledge, correct me if I am wrong on the song bit :)

hardhitter

The_Chaotic_One said:
Derek only played on SOME of 'Black Seeds Of Vengeance' by Nile, and their current drummer is actually George Kollias whom I would say is the fastest drummer in a song to my knowledge, correct me if I am wrong on the song bit :)

Yes George Kollias was on the last one Annihilation Of The Wicked. Derek did play on Black seeds of vengeance. The first drummer for nile was Pete Hammoura. I got them mixed up there sorry.LOL I wish they would just keep one. LOL

Derek has played with Hate Eternal ,Council Of The Fallen ,Aurora Borealis ,Nile ,
Imperial Crystalline Entombment and Dead Syndicate .

check out the video of Derek( Behold Judas Studio Video ) it's under media.. thats fast!!

http://www.derekroddy.com/