Failure

rogue_drummer

Gold Member
I got this saying from the email signature line of a guitar player who emailed me today. I thought I'd share it. (I've never seen this before; it may be lyrics from a song...anyway I thought it was appropriate.)

Failure should challenge us to new heights of accomplishment, not pull us to new depths of despair. Failure is delay, but not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead-end street.

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
I always consider everything that I do a partial failure! That way I can say that I have never failed! I only partially failed! The glass is always half full to me! I also like the term "My own level of incompetence" I have spent my entire life seeking my own level of incompetence! LOL!

Last edited:

Daphfz

My thinking is that if your glass is always half full, or half empty, get a smaller glass.
haha nice one GD :). Thats a good saying, thomas edison (sorry if i spelt wrong) when questioned about how he failed 2000 times to make a working light bulb, said 'I didnt fail, i found 2000 ways how not to make a lightbulb'. nice thread :)

eddiehimself

Platinum Member
haha nice one GD :). Thats a good saying, thomas edison (sorry if i spelt wrong) when questioned about how he failed 2000 times to make a working light bulb, said 'I didnt fail, i found 2000 ways how not to make a lightbulb'. nice thread :)
Thomas Edison had a real talent. He was great at nicking other people's ideas and calling them his own!