Ever been asked to "rate" yourself?

JohnW

Silver Member
My grandmother would sometimes ask people, "Have you ever been to Africa?" If they said, "No", she would say, "Well then, let me tell you about it."

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Rate myself? Sure thing. One of the very best among the shittiest drummers, and one of the very worst among the really great drummers. Combine those two scales and I'm a solid 5. If I then toss in some outsized and unchecked ego, which no doubt I have a ton of, I can push up pretty hard against an almost-6.

See there? Piece of cake!
I don't know, Mike, you're at least a step higher than me and I gave myself a solid 6. (But I didn't account for unchecked, outsized ego, so that may have something to do with my high score.)

BruceW

I think that on a good day, I'm a solid 2.

I can keep time. I tend to stay out of the other guys way, I think I tend to stay within my ability and not try to do too much and look foolish.

There are soooo many technical things that I cannot accomplish. I used to get pretty down on myself when I'd go out to the local clubs and hear one of my buddies ripping it up. I finally decided, like someone else mentioned, to be the best "me" that I can be and to stop worrying about what I can't do.

Which is fortunate, because there's an awful lot that I can't do :)

The guys in my band seem happy with what I do, and many of the folks in the local circuit pump me up a little. I guess I don't suck, at least not completely.