Edge Snares

MikeM

Platinum Member
I've had a 6x14 Edge snare for the last few months and am sorta on the fence about it. It has tons of volume and crack, but I'm wondering if it's lacking character or if I'm just missing something. I'm beginning to think I should unload it because it's too expensive to not use. Anyone else have one of these, or experience with one? Thoughts?

zidjan

HI,

I used to own 14x7 DW Edge. I really think it is a fantastic snare. Like you said got tons of attack and crack. It sounds awesome recorded to. However, I think if you are not using it and you need money (who doesn't in this economy?) just sell it. If you are financially secure I'll say keep it. I keep regretting why I sold mine....maybe one day I can afford it again.

Steady Freddy

Pioneer Member
I have a 6 X 14 and it's a nice drum. I had a 5 X 14 and sold it. The Edge snares bridge the gap between metal and wood snares. I think it's a question of needing/wanting that type of sound.

I'm a snare freak and really like DW snares so I decided I'd have one in the collection. That said, it doesn't get played a lot.

I tend to use either my steam bent or metal snares the most. With the economy in the tank you might want to hang onto it until prices go back up.

MikeM

Platinum Member
...it doesn't get played a lot.

I tend to use either my steam bent or metal snares the most. With the economy in the tank you might want to hang onto it until prices go back up.
That's just it: I have a cheap Black Beauty knock-off (Pearl Sensitone) that is just sweeter sounding to my ears.

I might throw the Edge up on ebay and see what happens. Or I may wait... can't decide.

Zalloy

$450-600 is about the going rate for an used edge snare right now... $600 for an exotic

not sure what you paid for it but...

anyway, good luck with the sale. if you have a case(soft or hard) throwing that in might help, not to mention less of a headache in packaging/shipping.