Easy Drumming Albums?

Backspacez

I'm looking for some albums with all relatively easy drums on them. I love playing along to music but often times I'm put off by some of the beats that I hear in songs that are hard to.

I'm looking for mainly rock but am completely open to any genre other than newer RnB (80s-now)

Some albums I'll do playthroughs of are:
All Nirvana's albums (especially In Utero... only song that troubles me on there is Milk It.. the chorus and Tourrettes, I play open handed so its hard to keep hi hats that fast.)
Beatles' Abbey Road
The Doors - The Doors
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here and Dark Side

So thats the difficulty I'm looking for... basic stuff for the most part with relatively easy fills (or easy to imitate)

Super Phil

AC/DC comes to mind when people ask about easy drum songs. I'm not familiar enough with their catalog to be able to recommend specific albums, though.

lsits

Gold Member
Bad Company: 1st album or 10 From 6 (Greatest hits): Simon Kirke is the master of playing a simple groove and staying in the pocket.

The Rolling Stones: Sticky Fingers: What I said about Simon Kirke goes double for Charlie Watts.

larryz

Platinum Member
Anything on the Philadelphia International Records label circa early 1970s. Also some of the best music ever.

coolhand1969

Billy Joel - most of his hits
Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet
CCR - greatest Hits
Eagles - Live From LA
Elton John - Live from Basil Switzerland
Lynyrd Skynrd - Everything
Nickelback - You have to pick and choose with them

longgun

Gold Member
Billy Joel - most of his hits
Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet
CCR - greatest Hits
Eagles - Live From LA
Elton John - Live from Basil Switzerland
Lynyrd Skynrd - Everything
Nickelback - You have to pick and choose with them
I've always found Billy Joel's stuff a bit harder.........................they weren't using a click and the time fluctuates quite a bit..............always hard for me to get that "feel"

Pachikara-Tharakan

Silver Member
almost all stones songs except "you cant always get what u want"- drums by Jimmy Miller...but to get that Charley Watts' " ghost note / sloppy style /about to mess it up but no mess up signature feel" is another thing.

MCM

I figured acdc would come up. It's quite the opposite. More people can sound like bonham than Rudd. Same for bad co. It's the feel that can't be mimicked.

CreeplyTuna

Silver Member
Check out these. They used to be staples in my practices, maybe you'll like some of it.

Mezanine by Massive Attack - straight groove and great for time keeping, but some songs are harder than others.

Damnation by Opeth - not as fast and difficult as their heavy albums

Welcome to Sky Valley or Blues for the Red Sun by Kyuss

Self Titled or Songs for the Deaf by Queens of the Stone Age

Witchcraft by Witchcraft - simple stoner rock

opentune

Platinum Member
anything on the Stax Label (with Al Jackson Jr. drumming):

Booker T and MG's
Otis Redding
Wilson Pickett

hold that groove, lay it down.....