DW Gear Swap

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I have a Paiste 24" Giant Beat that I would swap with someone here for a different ride cymbal, if anyone is interested in doing such a thing, as long as we are both agreeable to it of course.

Tell me what you have in terms of a non-Paiste ride cymbal that you fell out of love with. Maybe we can make lemonade from lemons we already have.

This could be a viable thing here. I mean I have a few things not being used that I would definitely consider trading. When I was a kid, we traded baseball cards all the time. Why not trade drum unused drum gear?

The traders could name their own terms, like if one person is dissatisfied after a month, both items have to be returned, too bad.

But who knows it could be pretty cool. Of course full disclosure, complete honesty and personal integrity need to be there for it to work. Not to mention keeping one's word with prompt shipping. A written agreement would probably be a good idea.

It amounts to different gear for the price of shipping.

Items I would trade:

Pearl bronze Sensitone Elite 14 x 6.5" snare
Yamaha gigmaker drums, complete set minus snare
14" A Custom hi hats, hardly used
Guru 14 x 5.75 snare

What's on your list?

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
I have a Paiste 24" Giant Beat that I would swap with someone here for a different ride cymbal, if anyone is interested in doing such a thing, as long as we are both agreeable to it of course.

Tell me what you have in terms of a non-Paiste ride cymbal that you fell out of love with. Maybe we can make lemonade from lemons we already have.

This could be a viable thing here. I mean I have a few things not being used that I would definitely consider trading. When I was a kid, we traded baseball cards all the time. Why not trade drum unused drum gear?

The traders could name their own terms, like if one person is dissatisfied after a month, both items have to be returned, too bad.

But who knows it could be pretty cool. Of course full disclosure, complete honesty and personal integrity need to be there for it to work. Not to mention keeping one's word with prompt shipping. A written agreement would probably be a good idea.

It amounts to different gear for the price of shipping.

Items I would trade:

Guru 14 x 5.75 snare

What's on your list?

I'll trade you a 70's ACROLITE and 3 cases of florida oranges for the GURU snare, assuming the GURU snare is in good shape of course. The ACRO is an 8 out of 10.

porter

Platinum Member
I'm a little curious about that Pearl bronze, actually. Could you compare/contrast it with a 6.5" brass snare?

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Items I would trade:

Guru 14 x 5.75 snare

What's on your list?
IDK, if you had some Guru concert toms, then we might be talking. jk

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Your looking to get rid of your Guru snare?
Yea, I'm a little tired of it.

NOT!

I was just seeing who was paying attention.

Porter, I could make a video with the bronze sensitone compared to a 14 x 6.5 BB. They both have die cast rims so it should be an honest comparison

porter

Platinum Member
Ah, okay, no problem then – I was partially wondering if you had a brass at the moment.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Ah, okay, no problem then – I was partially wondering if you had a brass at the moment.
Oh I see. I'd want to trade for a wood snare. Metal snares...I have an Acro, a 6.5 deep Supra, and 2 BB's both with the brass die cast hoops and tube lugs, 5 and 6.5" depths. Plus the bronze Sensi. So in my mind, I have some of the best metal snares out there. But metal grates on my ears after a while, so I prefer a wood snare. My metal ones just sit around. Wood has more personality to my ear. Plus wood changes as the drum ages. Metal snares sound the same from the day they were made for the rest of their lives.

Got any wood snares you'd consider?

justroth

Always wanted to try a giant beat. I have a 21'' Istanbul Agop signature ride or 21'' Meinl transition ride I'd be willing to swap. I can get you some sound samples if you're interested.

porter

Platinum Member
So in my mind, I have some of the best metal snares out there.

Unfortunately no, I'm in a similar boat with my Taye brass and Oriollo aluminum, which I love – but, y'know, I miss the woodier tones too.

Not sure if I have any drums or cymbals I'd really want to trade though. If anybody's got a Byzance (or Soundcaster Fusion Trash) crash open, I'd consider trading with my 18" Dual crash. I also have an 8" Byzance Traditional splash and 12" Zion china, Eric Moore III's signature series. You can hear those on my youtube channel, the china's isolated in the stack video.

Beam Me Up Scotty

Silver Member
Unfortunately no, I'm in a similar boat with my Taye brass and Oriollo aluminum, which I love – but, y'know, I miss the woodier tones too.

Not sure if I have any drums or cymbals I'd really want to trade though. If anybody's got a Byzance (or Soundcaster Fusion Trash) crash open, I'd consider trading with my 18" Dual crash. I also have an 8" Byzance Traditional splash and 12" Zion china, Eric Moore III's signature series. You can hear those on my youtube channel, the china's isolated in the stack video.
Oh the temptation.

I have an 18" Byzance Trad. medium thin crash... But as of right now, I only have it and my 18" Sabian Artisan as my only "traditional" sounding crashes... The rest are all Meinl Extra Dry or Vintage, and I kinda want to keep 2 crashes for regular gig use.

Oh the pain :(

I should add that I love the idea of a swapping thread.

porter

Platinum Member
I have an 18" Byzance Trad. medium thin crash... But as of right now, I only have it and my 18" Sabian Artisan as my only "traditional" sounding crashes... The rest are all Meinl Extra Dry or Vintage, and I kinda want to keep 2 crashes for regular gig use.
Ah... would be interesting to swap & try for a week, but shipping costs on cymbals would be unfortunately prohibitive. Oh well!

DrumDoug

Oh I see. I'd want to trade for a wood snare. Metal snares...I have an Acro, a 6.5 deep Supra, and 2 BB's both with the brass die cast hoops and tube lugs, 5 and 6.5" depths. Plus the bronze Sensi. So in my mind, I have some of the best metal snares out there. But metal grates on my ears after a while, so I prefer a wood snare. My metal ones just sit around. Wood has more personality to my ear. Plus wood changes as the drum ages. Metal snares sound the same from the day they were made for the rest of their lives.

It wasn't on your list of what you would trade, but I have a Ludwig 90th anniversary 6 1/2 x14 maple snare the I would consider trading for the 5" BB.