DW at Best Buy

That Guy

Platinum Member
I have been hearing this for a bit now. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds. I see the "blessing and curse" outcome but I'm no professional on these matters.

805Drummer

Gold Member
Hmm...does the illustrious 805drummer work at Best Buy?
I heard another rumor -
that Frank was trying to work out a deal with Best Buy to carry his new mass-produced Unix stave kits.
I'm not defending Best Buy, and I'm not old enough to work anywhere but as a bagboy. But it was a pretty lame joke.

Just Drums

Silver Member
I know if I were a big DW dealer and had put many years into pushing their product and then they open up to a Best Buy right down the road from my hard earned business, I'd be really pissed. Very pissed.

I actually like Best Buy - much more than Circuit City. But many large retail stores often experiment in areas beyond their normal market. Circuit City once sold furniture and it flopped. Best Buy's only ace in the pocket is Rock Band. That video game has done wonders for our lessons and sales. I have to think that it would also help the place that sells the actual video game. DW will probably issue some kind of Rock Band special edition kit. =)

T

trkdrmr

I know if I were a big DW dealer and had put many years into pushing their product and then they open up to a Best Buy right down the road from my hard earned business, I'd be really pissed. Very pissed.

I actually like Best Buy - much more than Circuit City. But many large retail stores often experiment in areas beyond their normal market. Circuit City once sold furniture and it flopped. Best Buy's only ace in the pocket is Rock Band. That video game has done wonders for our lessons and sales. I have to think that it would also help the place that sells the actual video game. DW will probably issue some kind of Rock Band special edition kit. =)
I love BB for electronics and media. I can imagine that drum shops will be fuming, especially since BB can undercut them with buying power.

Rock band DW kit.... 3 words: Please...God...NO!

EDrums

I love BB for electronics and media. I can imagine that drum shops will be fuming, especially since BB can undercut them with buying power.

Rock band DW kit.... 3 words: Please...God...NO!

Like I stated before, The DW kit that our local BB has is expensive and had to have been a lower end kit. Not even as nice as what our Guitar Center carries. Not worth the coin IMO

Just Drums

Silver Member
I wouldn't be surprised if BestBuy BUYS Guitar Center. Seems to be a natural thing to do at this point. Remember where you heard it first. ;-)

joshisaces

Gold Member
Word.

Considering the finacial issues Best Buy is having, I wouldn't be surprised if they back off this whole test market thing they're doing with the musical instruments. Either way, it's not going really change anything from my perspective. BB is competing with GC and Ash...not shops like us.
A while ago I was looking for reviews of A Customs and they had them on best buys website...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat152100050012&type=category

zambizzi

Platinum Member
I wouldn't be surprised if BestBuy BUYS Guitar Center. Seems to be a natural thing to do at this point. Remember where you heard it first. ;-)
I'll make another prediction - Wal Mart buys them both, allowing you to buy a gallon of milk, some baby clothes, and a new watch when picking up your new DW kit.

KarlCrafton

Platinum Member

Yes, if I was a DW dealer I would be pretty pissed too. The Best Buy close to me is about 2 miles from my local GOOD drum shop, who is a big time DW dealer.

DW can't put out a Rock Band special edition kit...Ludwig is the kit in the game!...would be funny to see the confusion and law suits flying though.

It would be Ludwig vs. DW, instead of the old time Ludwig vs. Slingerland!

John Good and Jim Catalano in a cage match haha!

Catalano crushes with a Legacy, Good bashes with Timber matched toms, Catalano smashes with a Zep set, Good tries to flatten him with an Timeless Timber snare, but Catalano counters with a Black Beauty!

Good times....

zambizzi

Platinum Member
John Good and Jim Catalano in a cage match haha!

Catalano crushes with a Legacy, Good bashes with Timber matched toms, Catalano smashes with a Zep set, Good tries to flatten him with an Timeless Timber snare, but Catalano counters with a Black Beauty!

Good times....
Hell yes...

"The Italian Stallion" vs. "The Wood Whisperer". I'd put my money on Ludwig taking the belt.

rogue_drummer

Gold Member
Best Buy is one of the WORST stores you can buy from. They put returns and damaged merchandise on their shelves and try and sell it as "new". Hell, I wouldn't even buy a CD there. And to take something back - like a damaged or used TV - takes an act of congress. And the "computer" salesmen their don't know jack about computers or electroncis.

And to sell drums there? LOL. Too funny! I'd love to see some dipshit salesman try and sell drums. They surely don't know about any thing else in their store. LOL.

I can't wait to see Best Buy go out of business!

I really thought DW had more integrity than that! What a joke!

Just Drums

Silver Member

Just Drums

Silver Member
Best Buy is one of the WORST stores you can buy from. They put returns and damaged merchandise on their shelves and try and sell it as "new". Hell, I wouldn't even buy a CD there. And to take something back - like a damaged or used TV - takes an act of congress. And the "computer" salesmen their don't know jack about computers or electroncis.

And to sell drums there? LOL. Too funny! I'd love to see some dipshit salesman try and sell drums. They surely don't know about any thing else in their store. LOL.

I can't wait to see Best Buy go out of business!

I really thought DW had more integrity than that! What a joke!

The BB near me is actually nice to shop at. No complaints here. From your description, it sounds like Circuit City you're describing. Just a matter of opinion. =) At least Best Buy carries appliances. CC made the brilliant decision about 10 years ago to stop carrying appliances...aka household neccesssities. They decided to bank soley on gadgets, games, pcs, and phones. And you can see how that turned out. I've bought probably 5 or 6 appliance from BB in the past several years simply b/c CC didn't carry them.

Stick to what you do best. Both BB and DW should follow that advice. =)

rogue_drummer

Gold Member
sorry for the harsh words there just drums. I'm sure some other BB stores are pretty good. The one by me is horrible and that's what I was referring to. All 3 times I've been in there I had a realy bad experience. One time I was dumb enough to by a TV. I had to return it because it wasn't new and it was dented. The picture was also bad. My 10 year old and I had to wait over 1 hour just to return it, get approval, and get a new TV. The junior high school-looking manager was skepic even then because "it only has a few dents and scratches on the case...nothing to worry about." I told him if I was paying for a new set, I was going to get a NEW set, not some used piece of crap they put back on the shelf. I'll never shop in that store again.....