Drumming Apps

Channing

Does anyone here use apps for their drumming practice or performance? I have an iPhone so all the apps I use are iPhone apps. The ones I use are:

live BPM- This one detects the tempo of any music being played that it hears through the phone's microphone and displays the BPM. It works really well for 4/4. For 6/8 it gives you some wacky tempo, like what the tempo would be if you were playing in 4/4 but playing triplets instead of 8th notes or something, so there can be some work figuring out what number you're aiming for. I use this during shows, on a music stand, to keep us on tempo and make sure we aren't speeding up or slowing down too much.

Anytune- This one is for practicing, you can get a song file and then it lets you slow it down or speed it up, and also set a loop to play the same part of the song over and over again. I'm sure there are other functions of this app but this is what I use it for- to slow a recording down and/or listen to one part of it over and over again.

Drumtune Pro- I can't tune my drums, so my friend who's also a drummer recommended this to me. It detects the pitches and basically tells you if all your lugs are tuned to the same pitch.

Clearly I like using apps. Does anyone else have any apps they use so I can check them out?

Ronzo

Use them in practice.
I use Pro Metronome as well as Soundbrenner.
Gonna check out Drumtune Pro. Thanks!

Simonator

Have you heard of SnareTools? You can input rhythms into it and play them back. It will also also generate random exercises for you to try. You can save rhythms as well. It’s great! FYI: I wrote it :)

Durbs

I use "LiveInLoops" - free (unless you pay for more tracks), but buggy I find.
SoundBrenner as an metronome
TuneBot Tuner - For storing settings