Drum Tuning Apps?

Scopata

Does anybody have any experience with drum tuning apps, such as iDrumTune or Drumtune PRO? If so do they really work? Are they good for actually tuning a drum effectively?
Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

eclipseownzu

Gold Member
I use a tune-bot and I have found it to be a useful tool. I really liked it in the studio environment where consistent tuning was imperative. I haven't used a phone based app yet, but I imagine it will work in much the same way. Drum tuning has come a long way in the last few years.

WalterKohn

I use Drumtune Pro. It is excellent. Make sure when tuning that you put opposite head being tuned on a carpet. There is a little bit of a learning curve in regards to overtones, where to hit to get correct frequency etc.

Use Tune-Bots PDF tuning chart for reference. I use the medium resonance as multipliers and my kit sings.

This will not teach you how to tune. It is just a tool. You still need even lug tension. If you are not familiar with tuning please check out Bob Gatzens videos on youtube. Once familiar then the app for fine tuning.

Icetech

Gold Member
I started out using the apps on a phone.. and just buy a tune-bot it works sooo much better. That being said... learn how to tune without that stuff. The only thing i ever use it for now is to make sure my lugs are matched...