Drum tracks

drummingman

Gold Member
I recorded drum tracks for an album about two and a half years ago. After recording the album the band broke up because of an issue the guitar player and bass player had with each other. Since that time I've tried to work with multiple people to write guitar and bass for the pre-recorded drum tracks so I can release it as an instrumental album. But people keep crapping out on me and not getting things finished. So at this point I think I'm just going to mix the drum tracks by themselves and put them on my YouTube channel. I wish I could do it with music on the top but I figure doing it this way is better than nothing because I can at least show people aspects of my drumming through these tracks.

Sadly the experiences that I've had with people trying to get this finished for the last few years has only reinforced to me how many people can't get things done. One of the guitar players that I worked with is one of the best players I've ever seen. But it doesn't really matter because he can't get anything completed. Sadly that seems to be all too common with a lot of musicians. And the major bummer about that kind of thing is when one is in a band they are dependent upon the other musicians to be able to get things done to actually go anywhere.

I don't know if you watched the video, but he hired several bassists for about $10 per track. To be fair, I think he was only looking for about 45 seconds of material or less. And in a few cases, he got what he paid for. Still, it was interesting and entertaining.

Channing

I know a band who recorded an album- I've seen them play the songs live, it's really great music, not sure exactly how to describe it. Something like melodic hardcore maybe? Anyway, it's really good. This band has been playing together for 6 or 7 years and it shows. So they went into the studio almost a year ago, recorded everything but the vocals, and now the guitarist who is supposed to go do the vocals on it just hasn't. And won't. And now the album is maybe never going to get released because of it, which is a shame because like I said, it's really high quality music.
Anyway. It's always sad when stuff like this happens. Good luck with your tracks.

drummingman

Gold Member
I know a band who recorded an album- I've seen them play the songs live, it's really great music, not sure exactly how to describe it. Something like melodic hardcore maybe? Anyway, it's really good. This band has been playing together for 6 or 7 years and it shows. So they went into the studio almost a year ago, recorded everything but the vocals, and now the guitarist who is supposed to go do the vocals on it just hasn't. And won't. And now the album is maybe never going to get released because of it, which is a shame because like I said, it's really high quality music.
Anyway. It's always sad when stuff like this happens. Good luck with your tracks.
Thank you.

I may have just found someone to track with me. I really hope it works out.