Drum store being sued

FrontierGibberish

Like Bermuda said, us drummers constantly hit cymbals that are much closer than 6 feet away for extended periods of time, we don't sue anyone for hearing damage.
And I plan to sue every drummer ever - starting with me. I just served myself. Everyone on this forum expect to hear from my attorney.

JohnW

Silver Member
"...a full hearing will take place..."
Her audiologist tried to present evidence of ringing in her ears, but the defendant's lawyer objected, calling it hearsay. The judge said, "objection sustained."

I'll be hear all week.

Red Menace

Platinum Member
This makes me feel better. People like to accuse Americans of being petty and litigious but it seems the Scots are no better.

...now lets all celebrate with a slice of individually wrapped, processed cheese on a slice of white bread.

Ollie Bonugli

I hit large cymbals more repeatedly, over several decades, and at distance much shorter than 6 feet! Can I sue the cymbal companies?
Like Bermuda said, us drummers constantly hit cymbals that are much closer than 6 feet away for extended periods of time, we don't sue anyone for hearing damage.

Bonzo_CR

Silver Member
I think I might sue my drum store too - I bought a pair of those Vinnie Colaiuta sticks and they didn't make me sound like him at all. Bah!

mikel

Platinum Member
She wants £20k eh? When this stupid case is rightly thrown out the shop owner needs to make a counter claim for....... loss of earnings, loss of trade from bad publicity, time spent away from work defending the case, lawyers fees, traveling expenses, and stress from having to concentrate on this rubbish rather than his business.

Should be worth at least £50k.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
All kinds of things can cause tinnitus-multiple sclerosis, certain medications, but usually associated with hearing loss. The one incident isn't likely the cause because we have acoustic reflexes to protect our ears from hearing loss. It is usually the repeated exposure (So if you remember the incredibly loud rock groups of 70s concerts your ears would ring for days before your normal hearing would return) that produces the hearing loss-the high frequency hair cells within the inner ear are closest to the eardrum so they usually are injured first. The loss of hair cells produces the ghost sounds-much like people who have lost limbs have ghost sensations. If she doesn't have hearing loss then she may have tinnitus but it wasn't caused from the cymbals and they need to find another cause.

no talent

It's a drum shop - what did she expect, gentle Gallic harp caressed by an angel wearing cotton gloves?

Sounds like she needs a good banging to me ;)
. .
Yes, medical cover is provided through taxation. I'm assuming the basis of the claim is compensation for discomfort, lack of sleep, reduced sex life, reduced cape recovery skills, cost of new cinema room with uber sound system, not knowing when her Aston Martin service beeper is operational, sympathetic vibration of breast implants, etc, etc ;)
hahahahaha.. .

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Yes, medical cover is provided through taxation. I'm assuming the basis of the claim is compensation for discomfort, lack of sleep, reduced sex life, reduced cape recovery skills, cost of new cinema room with uber sound system, not knowing when her Aston Martin service beeper is operational, sympathetic vibration of breast implants, etc, etc ;)
Dang, that was funny!

To the story itself, what a crock.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
My daughter is a lawyer,and I'm gushingly proud of her,....but having said that....what do you call 100 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?.....A good start.The bottom feeders are just generating business,and judges should dismiss these nusance suits ....post haste.Enough already with ridiculous claims

Steve B

keep it simple

Platinum Member
One question though... Is medical coverage "free" in Scotland (i.e. accounted for through taxation)? And wouldn't tinnitus be covered? Just asking.

Which... not wanting to get too political; if medical expenses are covered through taxation how can anyone sue for damages? Damages are usually sought because the individual can't pay for the medical costs and after care costs and equipment. If taxes cover that, how can they successfully file suit?

I'm confused.

GeoB

Gold Member
I have tinnitus as well, I got mine from life in the 20th century. Jets, radios, stereos, bands... engines, jackhammers, chain saws, impact hammers... the list is long and storied... maybe we should issue hearing protectors at birth!

One question though... Is medical coverage "free" in Scotland (i.e. accounted for through taxation)? And wouldn't tinnitus be covered? Just asking.

Which... not wanting to get too political; if medical expenses are covered through taxation how can anyone sue for damages? Damages are usually sought because the individual can't pay for the medical costs and after care costs and equipment. If taxes cover that, how can they successfully file suit?

I'm confused.

Jeff Almeyda

Senior Consultant
I hit large cymbals more repeatedly, over several decades, and at distance much shorter than 6 feet! Can I sue the cymbal companies?

Sheesh... anything for a buck, eh?

Bermuda
I hear you, I would assume any audiologist could shoot this nonsense down in moments.

Just hope the judge is not a guitarist...

keep it simple

Platinum Member
It's a drum shop - what did she expect, gentle Gallic harp caressed by an angel wearing cotton gloves? Anyhow, why can't her son buy his own ear protection? Is this in fact the "cape recovery mum" seeking retribution. Has she nothing better to do?

Sounds like she needs a good banging to me ;)

Honestly, this piece of spam just arrived in my inbox as I'm typing this. Perhaps she got the same mail!

Attachments