Drum sticks

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Do a search for double-butted drum stick. Pro Mark makes one called the Rocker Knocker. You can then buy some Stick Rapp or some stick wrap from Vater. I think I like the Vater a little better.

The Morgan Rose (of sevendust ) alien freak double butt end stick by vater percussion with no taper or shoulder to it . No rubber grip though .

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
You can try Plasti-Dip for gripping. I've purchased some, haven't actually done the dip yet.
I did an entire review some years ago on using plastic-dip. It worked well. It was a little thick but the label gives instructions on how to thin it out. It lasted longer than the sticks and is a very good gripping material.

Old Dog new Cans

I did an entire review some years ago on using plastic-dip. It worked well. It was a little thick but the label gives instructions on how to thin it out. It lasted longer than the sticks and is a very good gripping material.

It makes more sense to me to buy a $15 bottle of that, then to buy a SINGLE pair of gripped sticks that probably go for close to $20. I'm going to give that stuff a try next week for sure (y)

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
Yes, I use Plasti-Dip also. I love it. The spray can Plasti-Dip works good too.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
Does anyone make drum sticks that are blunt on both ends and have rubber grips?
Malletech used to make some like that in the style of the old Fred Hinger wood snare sticks, but not any more. It wouldn’t be hard to buy some dowels, cut them to you desired length, and then put a grip on them. There’s a company that makes foam grips for sticks that I’ve used and enjoyed. They’re called Drum-eze.

Peedy

A good alternative to the dip is cloth baseball bat tape. I last gripped a bat in the 80s but I’ve seen it in sporting goods stores recently. It’s made for wood and is resistant to sweat. Better feel than the plastic imho.

oldmetalhead

Thank you one and all for your suggestions. I think I will go with the Rock Knocker and put a grip tape on them as most of these sticks are too thin for my liking. I like a sick that is at least .625 and most of these sticks are .500-.551. Again thanks one and all.