Drum Shell

foreverendeavorb1

I'm wanting to replace the shell on my steel Pearl 3x13 piccolo snare. Does anyone have any shells or scraps that they want to get rid off? All I need is a shell that is 13' in diameter, the length doesn't matter as long as its longer than 3'. I would like some Birch, but doesn't really matter as long as its wood. If you have anything just let me know, Thanks.

oops

Silver Member
I'm confused.

You want a new SHELL for your snare drum? I would suggest you just buy a new snare, unless there's something about the hoops and the actual snare/strainer that you really like.

Are you trying to save money? I don't really know of many people who'd have a 13" shell sitting around that they wouldn't mind giving away, but I suppose it's worth a shot eh?

Let me know if you have any luck, otherwise search for "Keller Shells" on google, I'm sure you could buy a 13" by whatever you wanted relatively cheaply and outfit it yourself.

foreverendeavorb1

Im getting a custom snare drum made and Im in need of a good snare now. So I thought I could just fix up my piccolo cheap and use that until I get my custom snare.

I only need 3', so I figured someone has scraps or even a tom that they would sell cheap.