DRUM! Magazine Invites Neil Peart Fans To Sit In For June Issue

drummer40

FYI:

Hey Drummerworld.com:

Just so you know, DRUM! Magazine in June will feature Neil Peart on the cover, but the content will be completely generated by the Peart population that emails their questions to the magazine. DRUM! has even set up a private email address for Neil: neilpeart@drumlink.com. If your information is selected, your name will be included and photo as well if you send one. The deadline is March 16.

Attachments

M

michael drums

FYI:

Hey Drummerworld.com:

Just so you know, DRUM! Magazine in June will feature Neil Peart on the cover, but the content will be completely generated by the Peart population that emails their questions to the magazine. DRUM! has even set up a private email address for Neil: neilpeart@drumlink.com. If your information is selected, your name will be included and photo as well if you send one. The deadline is March 16.
Yea...

I got an e-mail the other day from Drum! Magazine, and I sent in my question.

I asked Neil if he would ever consider doing a drum-clinic tour in the future? ;-)

Though, as private a person that he is, it's unlikely. :-(

But just think...wouldn't that be stellar?

YES!

drummer40

Re: DRUM! Magazine's Email Neil Peart Campaign A Hit

FYI:

Due to the popularity of Neil Peart, DRUM! Magazine,at last official count, had received approximately 1000 email responses at neilpeart@drumlink.com. There's still time to send Neil a question, but the deadline, March 15, is approaching quickly.

Thanks.

ermghoti

Silver Member
From the Colbert Report: "How does it feel to be so awesome and to kick so much ass?'"

Did you ever write a song so epic, that by the time you were done playing it, you listed the beginning of it as an influence on your current playing?

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Well I submitted my question and a beautiful photo of myself, so look for me in the Neil Issue.

drummer40

I wanted to let you know that the "Email Neil Peart Campaign" for the June 2009 Issue officially ended on March 15, In total, we received approximately 1000 emails from drummers and fans of Peart. I just wanted to thank those who took the time to send a question and with you the best of luck. Andy Doerschuk, editor of DRUM, is already reviewing the questions so stay tuned for further information regarding the campaign.

The result should be a great story and thanks again.
Drummer40

markdemell

Hi Neil to say the least I am an admirer of rush& you,Inot only think you are a greatpercussionist but also a great lyricist! Also, you seem to be a good human being & a kind man. I read your book Ghost Rider travels on the healing road And it made me cry ,partly because I lost my mother to cancer and it sucked the spirit out of me I still cry sometimes when I think of her,anyways life must go on and so must the show.Your humble admirer Mark Demell,Aylmer Qc. Canada. May the peace of the ALMIGHTY be with us all, Ciao.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Well my question to Neil didn't make the magazine but my response to the articel made it in this months edition. I was quite disappointed in the article. To quote the editor, "we received a gazillion emails", and then they sent 20 to Neil and he picked 12 to answer. Two were about solos and one from a pro drummer asked why he had an elbow brace on his arm. I thought maybe because it was hurt, but I'm not a Doctor. My letter is the top one from, Johhny, via email. A lot of hype for nothing. You guys really need to start reading Drumhead Magazine. It blows DRUM out of the water.

M

michael drums

Well my question to Neil didn't make the magazine but my response to the articel made it in this months edition. I was quite disappointed in the article. To quote the editor, "we received a gazillion emails", and then they sent 20 to Neil and he picked 12 to answer. Two were about solos and one from a pro drummer asked why he had an elbow brace on his arm. I thought maybe because it was hurt, but I'm not a Doctor. My letter is the top one from, Johhny, via email. A lot of hype for nothing. You guys really need to start reading Drumhead Magazine. It blows DRUM out of the water.
Yea, Johnny. I too, was disappointed with the way that went down. There really was no chance of 99% of the e-mails from ever having a chance to be included in the issue. And the way they advertised it, in the e-mail that I received to enter a question for NP, they(DRUM!)made it seem like each question submitted had a legitimate chance of being read by NP, answered, and put in it's June issue. But man, was the wind ever let out of my sails on that one! :-(

Though, in their defense, the June 2009 issue would have had to of been, at least, tripled in length to accommodate for that.

Anyway, good feedback to them, Johnny(GD)!

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Mike, I wrote to the editor, Andy, and recieved an email from him about 30 minutes later saying that they had submitted the emails to NP and he picked 12 to answer. Now in the letter to the editor reply he says they picked 20, sent them to NP and he picked 12. And I don't think 1000 is near a Gazillian. But oh well, live and learn. Foolish me falling for the hype.

M

michael drums

Mike, I wrote to the editor, Andy, and recieved an email from him about 30 minutes later saying that they had submitted the emails to NP and he picked 12 to answer. Now in the letter to the editor reply he says they picked 20, sent them to NP and he picked 12. And I don't think 1000 is near a Gazillian. But oh well, live and learn. Foolish me falling for the hype.
It's cool, GD! A lot of us fell for it.

It could've been handled better than it was but, like you say...

Live and learn.

Though, I'm wondering if, in fact, it really did happen like they say. Did NP really pick those particular e-mail questions? Or did DRUM! weed most of them out and THEN send them to NP?

Who knows? Not that it matters anyway.

;-)

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Well yea in the mail Andy sent me, they sent NP 20 and he picked 12 to answer. But maybe the next artist it will be better. It just seems that NP is way too busy for a program like this. And another interview would have been mundane. There are way too many other drummers out there than to interview the same 5 or 6 all of the time.