Drum Center of Portsmouth

I recently made two purchases from DCP, both for items that were out of stock at other online retailers that I frequently purchase from. I was really impressed by how fast they got them in the mail. Both arrived two days after placing my order.

Last edited:
I ordered a snare from them a few years ago (have ordered a few items since). They sent me the wrong snare drum. Same model, wrong variation. They took care of it immediately with zero hassle. Every time I've called them they have been beyond courteous and helpful, even if I don't end up purchasing anything. I try to buy from them when I can.

ordered a new Tama HH915D a couple years back and got a floor model. They fixed the issue with no pause... I'll buy from them again.

Just placed my first order with them yesterday. Jayme was excellent to deal with and got me a fair deal on a special order item. So far, so good.

Hope receiving my order will be as painless as the ordering process. (y)

Hands down the best drum store in the country IMO. Have bought several kits, 1 custom order via Ludwig and they took care of all the details. They helped get a brand new HHX legacy crash cymbal replaced that got a weird crack in it 6 months after I bought it. Guys are knowledgeable and love what they do. I cannot believe some guys come on here and complain about not getting $1 off the listing price? Pffft what a world. Guess there will always be haters no matter how hard you try.

Shane has brought drummers the widest selection of high end gear ever seen from any single location. For that they’ll keep me around as a customer. Their awesome customer service is just icing on the cake.

In regard to DCP I'm fortunate as I live about 20 minutes away. But reading some of the comments on here has made me realize how fortunate I actually am. I guess the stand alone strictly drum shops are long gone for the most part...some of them legendary like Jack's in Boston. I have always found DCP to be excellent in regard to service. And as for price I actually don't find them much more expensive than online stuff for the most part. I mean maybe on some things and I don't blame anyone for trying to save a buck but me personally if I gotta pay a little bit more and can support an old style non-chain ye olde drum shoppe I'm happy to do it. Also if you can actually get there in person remember NH is a no sales tax state which no biggie if you're buying a pair of sticks but if you're buying a whole 5 piece Gretsch Brooklyn with all the hardware, cymbals, throne, rug, stick bag, and sticks (which is exactly what my DIL bought for my son last Christmas) then it's quite a savings. I'm a fan of PDC.

Last edited:
As mentioned above, I too live about 30 minutes away from DCP. Their sheer size makes the store a drummers dream, but it is really the service that sets them above. The prices are always fair and competitive, inventory is second to none and the vibe is great. Spend 10 minutes or a couple hours, ask as many questions as you want, look until the drool has soaked your shirt, it’s just a great place to shop. I have bought off the shelf as well as special order without any issues, the used section usually has some great deals and they have simple parts available to tinker and repair. They are a model of what a drum shop can be.

I see they're letting the Room Mics stay in their YouTube videos for a tad longer than before. GOOD. Need a lot more of that. 👍
agreed, room mics are more realistic as to what you will hear when you get it. Love that they do that.

Back