Downloading drum sounds & Yamaha DTX-Multi 12 Electronic Percussion Pad DTXM12

Kornkamp

Hi Guys,

I am considering buying the Yamaha DTX-Multi 12 Electronic Percussion Pad DTXM12 and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with it? What are your thoughts on it?

Also, what is a good place to download free drum sounds? I have been looking for Indian percussion sounds such as the "dhol" in particular.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Giri

mapet

Here is an answer to your question:

DTX-MULTI 12 „Oriental Percussion

Now the brand new soundset „Oriental Percussion“ for the DTX-MULTI 12 is available for registered users. It is provided by EASY SOUNDS on behalf of Yamaha Music Europe - free of charge.

The download package includes the following:
• 50 Patterns
• 24 Kits inside DHOL!!!
• 132 User Waves (18 MB Samples)

The soundset has been designed primarily for traditional
and modern Turkish music.
It‘s based on authentic samples of oriental percussion instruments.
The oriental instruments are however well suited for use in other music styles such as Pop, World, Chill Out, Ambient, etc. „Oriental Percussion“ was programmed by the Turkish musician and producer Mert Topel.

The DTX-12 MULTI Patterns produced by Mert Topel should inspire the musician in the first place and serve as basis for his own music productions.
This free soundset can be requested by sending an e-mail containing the keyword „DTX-M12 Oriental“ to:
motifnews@easysounds.de
The user will receive an e-mail from EASY SOUNDS with a password and a link where the file can be downloaded.
The size of the download file is 24 MB. In addition you are automatically registered for the
free monthly Music Production Guide.

Alternatively the Soundpackage can be delivered on an USB memory stick, which must be ordered for a reasonable price from www.easysounds.de in addition to the e-mail procedure mentioned above.

Remember to add the keyword „DTX-M12 Oriental“ to your USB memory stick order.

best regards
mapet

Attachments

Last edited:

mapet

Redhotpoker

What is the actual procedure for the SAVE ALL function on DTX M 12?
Is it done within the DTX M 12, or is this function done by saving all factory contents to a thumb drive?
I have already done the update of OS, now I want to download & install new kits available at yamahasynth website. Or Others.

thanks

Chas

mapet

To execute SAVE ALL function you can save all contents of USER BANKS to an external storage device (USB stick for example) - and you can load it back from there when you want.

Very IMPORTANT procedure back up all your existing DTX-MULTI 12 USER data, before you want to load any "ALL" file because the new content will write itself over anything which is already saved into the USER area!
All FACTORY contents ("PRESETS") remain intact in the MULTI 12 memory.

Another (internal) thing is the STORE function: it writes the edited kits/patterns/waves etc. from PRESET area to desired/selected USER slot.

ajaykumar

Hi Guys,

I am considering buying the Yamaha DTX-Multi 12 Electronic Percussion Pad DTXM12 and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with it? What are your thoughts on it?

Also, what is a good place to download free drum sounds? I have been looking for Indian percussion sounds such as the "dhol" in particular.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Giri

Hi Giri, You may buy yamaha dtx-m12, I am a user of the same and I recommend it. The trigger functions are very good. All other functions are also very good. But it has some drawbacks, that the wave memory is not sufficient and it has no song mode.

Shevskedd

To execute SAVE ALL function you can save all contents of USER BANKS to an external storage device (USB stick for example) - and you can load it back from there when you want.

Very IMPORTANT procedure back up all your existing DTX-MULTI 12 USER data, before you want to load any "ALL" file because the new content will write itself over anything which is already saved into the USER area!
All FACTORY contents ("PRESETS") remain intact in the MULTI 12 memory.

Another (internal) thing is the STORE function: it writes the edited kits/patterns/waves etc. from PRESET area to desired/selected USER slot.

OK, awesome, got the new Oriental sounds (very cool), my own kits are backed up..... now how do I combine the two? (Head scratch)