double pedal technique

ecpietscheck

hi there guys,
2 years ago i bought my self a roland kit, and i left behind my acoustic kit.
i obviously improved my technique, my feeling and my playing overall; the only problem within that is that i lost ABSOLUTELY ALL my double pedaling skills: due to what? i started playing heels down, and now that ive returned to my acoustic kit the kick drum sounded low. i tried to play with heels up (i love playing metalcore breakdowns) and i couldnt, my feet got tired and etc.
any advices?
thx guys!

JPW

Silver Member
hi there guys,
2 years ago i bought my self a roland kit, and i left behind my acoustic kit.
i obviously improved my technique, my feeling and my playing overall; the only problem within that is that i lost ABSOLUTELY ALL my double pedaling skills: due to what? i started playing heels down, and now that ive returned to my acoustic kit the kick drum sounded low. i tried to play with heels up (i love playing metalcore breakdowns) and i couldnt, my feet got tired and etc.
any advices?
thx guys!
The obvious solution is to play the e-drums like you would play the a-drums. Make sure response (both triggering and rebound) is almost the same. Modules usually have treshold, sensitivity and sensitivity function options somewhere, try to play with those to get the closest feel possible to an acoustic kit. Also depending on the kick pad material you might consider putting something like a towel or something on the pad to lessen the rebound a bit.

spantney

This is always one that gets the 'practice' response. Unfortunately you just need to retrain your muscles. As said above, try and make sure that you play an e-kit like you would an acoustic and that will definately help. Not sure if this will help you aswell but last year I started jogging 3 times a week (I just do 5km atm) and it helped build my leg muscles a hell of a lot so my double kick strength and speed has also increased a lot more rapidly than the previous years where I wasn't jogging.

Cheers.