Double bass pedal adjusting?

LilCheezay

Hello all,
I just got myself a DW 7000 double bass pedal from Craigslist, and I was pumped to have it, as I was replacing my crappy Sound Percussion pedal, (which I like, but it's made horribly) and when I put it on my bass drum, I started playing some fairly simple, somewhat slow, metalcore breakdowns, and I was pleased. But then, I went into some constant double bass and faster patterns, and I noticed I got a LOT slower and less consistent, due to the DW's footboards being much heavier than the SP's. Is there any way that I can quickly adjust to this? I'm going to be recording some songs soon, and I need to have my decent double bass skill back. If anyone could give some advice, or practice methods or something, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Cheezay

zarrdoss

Gold Member
DW stuff is a little on the heavy side for me anyway, try tightening your spring or maybe switch beaters with your old SP and see what happens.

LilCheezay

I'll try switching beaters, but my DW key doesn't fit into the little slot where the spring tension can be adjusted. On a DW pedal. -.-"