Don't look at me, I'm hideous

Destroyer772

Gold Member
You should all put each other on your ignore list, such shameful opinions should never see the light of day. How are we supposed to justify the purchase of ever increasing improvements in the drumming realm with this nonsense being bandied around. what should i do?? sell everything and bolt some hardware and heads on a set of tupperware? Yes, Google it, it has already been done. sheesh! but what head choice should i utilise? which hardware goes best with a nesting tupperware kit? What cymbals should i choose? See ! it just starts all over again. Obtain drums , lots of them !! people and play them.. You are after all drummers are You not?
I agree, some guys spend money on Motorcycles, Hot Rods, Gambling, Whatever there thing is. Before I got back in to Drums I collected DVD's Which at the time were $15 to $30 a lick. That dont sound like much but after 10 years I had several thousand dollars tied up. I started reading this thread and was questioning my own purchases. Then I said this is starting to sound like a therapy session. We are Drummers, buy them, enjoy them, and like all things In life practice moderation.

AzHeat

Platinum Member
Reading this thread makes me want to go out and buy something, cuz I have no drum equipment that can be called excessive. As a matter of fact, low budget is more like it. I do feel way better about wanting new cymbals though, so thanks all for the therapy. :D

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Reading this thread makes me want to go out and buy something, cuz I have no drum equipment that can be called excessive. As a matter of fact, low budget is more like it. I do feel way better about wanting new cymbals though, so thanks all for the therapy. :D
Yes, then you can proudly take a picture and display your newly acquired acquisitions in the "My Latest Purchase" thread.

T_Weaves

Silver Member
Yo Ducky..........How do the DW's compare to Tama B/B's? Every time I think about getting a high dollar kit, I play my B/B's and think, WOW, what a great sounding kit!

wildbill

Platinum Member

Hey - you gotta' start somewhere. Give it 30, 40, or 50 years,
and you'll probably have accumulated a whole bunch of junk.

Then someone else will get it when you die.

They say - "he who dies with the most toys wins".

But it's really - "he who dies with the most toys, dies"

So - enjoy whatever you've got while you're here.

Or do it the old school way - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potlatch

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Well. Considering the amount of toys some people have and the prices of those, spending money on some decent instruments isn't even in the same league.

Apart from food and gas I don't really spend money on anything else.

It's not just toys, though. They are tools for work.

How much did a truckdriver who owns his own truck spend on that?

Brian

Gold Member
How much did a truckdriver who owns his own truck spend on that?
Not the best analogy. If there are ten trucks that are road-ready, the majority of them are going to have drivers in the seats moving things from point A to B. And only then, maybe one spare. And the average independent/gypsy/whatever you wish to call them is going to own one truck, not ten.

The whole gear obsession thing wore me out in my early teens through maybe early 20s..like a fad. I don't hold any grudges towards collectors or anything, just not for me.

paradiddle pete

Platinum Member
I'm with WildBill on the Potlatch or Give-Away, funny how Governments ban the most logical things isn't it? No guilt , no shame..