Don't hate me for the shallowness!

M

Matt Bo Eder

Some of you know I replaced all the toms on my DW kit, which left me with the bass drum from 2001. The two new toms come with the new black lettering on white badges and my bass drum has the original chrome lettering on black badges.

I broke down and found a guy selling the new style badges and bought one for the bass drum.

I know - I hang my head in shame for doing it - but the badges just stick out so much better in a good way. I had to spread the love to the bass drum. It won't make me play any better and the drum certainly won't sound different, but at least all the badges will match and they'll all look like they were made at the same time.

Brethren forgive me for I have sinned....

G

Ghostnote

You need to take a good, long look at yourself breh.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
This is disgusting. You really need to just give it up with those DWs.

I'll PM my mailing address for you to ship them away so you can feel better about yourself!

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
No problem Bo, I understand.

Could you please send me your unused DW badge so I can put it on my Pearl Export kit?

crispycritters

Nothing wrong with uniformity - I frequently look at my only non Tama piece of hardware (a Pearl 900 boom stand) and dwell on the fact that the legs have a different profile. A replacement Road Pro Boom won't improve my drumming or make any real difference (the Pearl is a great stand and will probably outlive me) but I know I'll be happier when I replace it.

If you don't need the old badge it would look great on my Pearl Forum beater kit (runs for cover....)

Edit - Damn Hollywood Jim beat me to it.....

Last edited:

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Had we not known about this, we would have thought much better of you. Now go buy a PDP bass drum head and get a hobby. You have too much time on your hands.

M

Matt Bo Eder

Had we not known about this, we would have thought much better of you. Now go buy a PDP bass drum head and get a hobby. You have too much time on your hands.
I know. I need a hobby. Maybe actually PLAYING the drums would be a start ;)

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
I just realized. I don't hate you for being shallow.
I hate you for being able to have new drum sets all the time.

(Wait a minute. I guess that makes me shallow.)

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
You make it sound like shallowness is a bad thing.

Your shallowness is your best quality!

Wait, that didn't come out right.

You do shallow better than anyone I know!

Crap, that's not it either.

Your shallowness makes me feel good about myself.

Oh dear, I'm not doing so well...

Your shallowness is an endless form of entertainment.

There, that's better.

:)

G

Ghostnote

Hey, I like traditional sizes. I never got into the whole power tom thing.

brady

Platinum Member
Wasn't there someone on here a while back asking about putting DW badges on his PDP kit?

Maybe you could donate them to a needy--even shallower--fellow drummer.