Does Benny Greb really live in the mountains?

V

vorsybl

I'm watching his dvd and it takes place in a beautiful wilderness. Does he live out there? I tried searching the internet and could'nt find

Wick

I'm watching his dvd and it takes place in a beautiful wilderness. Does he live out there? I tried searching the internet and could'nt find
Probably not. He just filmed it there for atmosphere.
Its in the alps I think btw.

caddywumpus

Platinum Member
Yes. He lives in the Alps. His "next door neighbor" who lives on the next peak is JoJo Mayer. They claim that there's something about the air there that makes them phenomenal drummers. Buddy Rich used to live there, too. I think Steve Smith lives in his old cabin...he bought it from Elvin Jones who was rumored to have bought it from Rich...

V

vorsybl

Unfortunately I can't tell who is being sarcastic and not

Anyway I was just curious because I thought that would be a nice life, to live in nature and play drums.

Swiss Matthias

Platinum Member
I've not seen this thread until now. The dvd was filmed in the Bavarian mountains, in
Southern Germany. Benny Greb was born in Bavaria, but I don't know where - could
also be in the city, like Munich.

Nowadays he lives in Hamburg, Northern Germany, as far as I know.

Jojo lives in Zurich now I heard. Not really in the mountains, but in 1-2 hours you're
perfectly there :). (I know the comment wasn't even meant serious caddy)

aydee

Platinum Member
Yes. He lives in the Alps. His "next door neighbor" who lives on the next peak is JoJo Mayer. They claim that there's something about the air there that makes them phenomenal drummers. Buddy Rich used to live there, too. I think Steve Smith lives in his old cabin...he bought it from Elvin Jones who was rumored to have bought it from Rich...

!!!!! Awesome, Caddy. This made my day.

V

vorsybl

I've not seen this thread until now. The dvd was filmed in the Bavarian mountains, in
Southern Germany. Benny Greb was born in Bavaria, but I don't know where - could
also be in the city, like Munich.

Nowadays he lives in Hamburg, Northern Germany, as far as I know.

Jojo lives in Zurich now I heard. Not really in the mountains, but in 1-2 hours you're
perfectly there :). (I know the comment wasn't even meant serious caddy)
Thanks dude, LIke i said before I would be perfectly happy living out in such a beautiful wilderness and getting food from town and stuff on weekends or something, and play all day, i guess you'd have to be famous and make money first to do something like that

Dreams are a motivating force though