Do you talk to your drum set like it is a human?

Lunar Satellite Brian

When I use Remo heads I do, I usually say "OH, OF COURSE, IT'S LIKE EVERY TIME I HIT YOU, YOU GET ALL BENT OUT OF SHAPE"
" WHY WON'T YOU JUST STAY IN TUNE?"
"WHY DOES YOUR VOICE SOUND SO ANNOYING"

With an emphasis on cap lock.

Ok,as I predicted.this thread is now in full free fall and any direction it takes,is likley to result in a deletion.We are approaching full on creepy mode.Step away from the drums,drop the sticks on the ground and let me see your hands.

Next we'll be talking about dress up and role play.:):):)

Steve B
wait, so dressing up your drum kit and roleplaying with it isn't normal?

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Next we'll be talking about dress up and role play.:):):)

Steve B
I got my fingers crossed! hehehe

While I'm here, might as well reply. The thought of talking to my drums never crossed my mind, but I do like this role playing idea. Should I wrap them in leather or suede? Hmmm. decisions....decisions....

Bonzobilly

It's funny cause sometimes I catch myself moaning during practice breaks as I gaze at my rig from across the room. She's so beautiful!

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Are you serious, Bon? If you choose suede you might as well buy the band brown cardigans, brown slacks and Hush Puppies as stage gear and call the band Suburban Bliss.
Now that sounds groovy in a preppy sorta way. I like Hush Puppies, they go good with a fish sandwich.

Anon La Ply

Renegade
Now that sounds groovy in a preppy sorta way. I like Hush Puppies, they go good with a fish sandwich.
Sardines and Hush Puppies, eh? Chewy and fishy mmm mmm

all of this thinking of my drum set as a human is giving me a idea.

what if you can stick more than just a bass drum mic through the port hole?
That's the point where a man would go beyond being a harmless loon to a potentially dangerous one :p

of course.

occasionally i walk past and i just have to say out loud......

Girl, you just too FINE !!!!!!!!
Here we have a good example of a harmless loon :)

dwsabianguy

I talk to myself about my kit more than anything. I'll get a new cymbal and criticize the sound for weeks and I'm certain my roommates can hear it.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I once asked my drum set to make me dinner, and it refused, so I hit it with a stick.

Kidding aside, I don't recall ever doing so, but it wouldn't surprise me if I did.

Deathmetalconga

Platinum Member
Do you encourage it with a gentle touch and soft words?

Maybe you also talk dirty to it? ("Yeah, you resonate that pitch. Yeah.")
One of the more bizarre questions I've seen around here in almost six years.

I don't talk to my drum set. However, I am a bit of an animist and I think some kind of spirit lives in its shells, from the Australian grassland from which the logs came. Playing the set keeps the spirits awake and active.