Do bandmates throw coins on your cymbals?

Meat the beat

I'm pretty harsh on anybody who throws, touches or even looks at my Zildjians in the wrong way... I'd ask them to throw dollar bills!!!!! :-D

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
Well maybe I should lighten up about it, then. But if I owned a pretty lacquer finish and that coin took a bounce and put a nick in it, my "kick in the nuts" response stands :)
Ooh, you're a hard man, Godfather :)

Agreed, throwing coins likely isn't going to do much damage. As long as it had some use contributing to the show and worked out with my permission in advance, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
That would spoil the fun - the whole idea is that it's a playful jibe. Still, I'm with Meat on the dollar bills idea ...

It isn't that exciting. When Rocco did it to David, it was a barely audible ting sound.
How did he throw it? Seems like it was more a little flip than a baseball throw.

Thereverend

2nd that. Anyone pullin' that crap around me, I'd be firing a drumstick back at 'em fast.​
Same here, if my guitarist would try to throw coins or hit my cymbals with the headstock he'll have to spend the rest of the session dodging my sticks (and I usually have a full brick with me at any time :-D )