Did a video about cymbal technique

opentune

Platinum Member
Comprehensive! I like the physics in there.
After years playing I recently decided to move all my cymbals to flat/horizontal.
ps. Great garage there too.

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
Pop-in notations for key concepts and extra info might be cool.

One of those rubber horse masks is a good idea I think too; but I always say that.

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
Can you give an example? I can certainly add in text explanations via annotations.
Well, you're already explaining things in detail, so I'm only suggesting that you put down in text what the main concept you're focused on is. It helps people to skip around and re-enforces your concepts for the visual learners who don't necessarily learn well in lecture format. A way to start is maybe pretend you're lecturing and think about what you might put on your projector as you speak. Simply overlay some of that stuff. You did at least once, I saw a diagram with angles and what not. Similar, just more.

porter

Platinum Member
Well, you're already explaining things in detail, so I'm only suggesting that you put down in text what the main concept you're focused on is. It helps people to skip around and re-enforces your concepts for the visual learners who don't necessarily learn well in lecture format. A way to start is maybe pretend you're lecturing and think about what you might put on your projector as you speak. Simply overlay some of that stuff. You did at least once, I saw a diagram with angles and what not. Similar, just more.
Gotcha, thanks for the feedback.

jornthedrummer

Silver Member
Great video Mr Cymbal -)
It's great to have access to the entire top surface as you point out as there will be extra sounds available.
Sometimes it's however very satisfying to hit a crash at eye height.