deathcore/ metalcore tuning

ihatemykit

so i'm getting new heads for my kit, and i was wondering how do i tune them for a jfac or btmh type sound? i know i need to crank the snare pretty much as high as possible, but other than that can you guys help me out. thanx

porker

That really depends on the skins your using and also you need to bear in mind that bmth trigger their kit.

eddiehimself

Platinum Member
so i'm getting new heads for my kit, and i was wondering how do i tune them for a jfac or btmh type sound? i know i need to crank the snare pretty much as high as possible, but other than that can you guys help me out. thanx
Generally for rock and metal purposes you want to tune the kick and toms as low as you can get them before they start being crinkly to maximise the attack of the sound.

B

Big_Philly

Generally for rock and metal purposes you want to tune the kick and toms as low as you can get them before they start being crinkly to maximise the attack of the sound.
I do that too if I want a metal sound, but when you do that you gotta watch out not to tune them too low - below a certain tension you'll get a lot of attack, but hardly any tone. Even in metal I think your drums need a defined tone.