Dear Diary.

baz

Silver Member
...it's a good thing you all lost interest in this post around reply number fourty.

That leaves reply number one hundred for me to close this thread as I always knew I one day would. Today is that day, as I have quit the band. We have run our course, and I have lost my enthusiasm for the music. I am not proficient enough a drummer to continue faking my way through.

It was fun while it lasted.

Barry

dairyairman

Platinum Member
...it's a good thing you all lost interest in this post around reply number fourty.

That leaves reply number one hundred for me to close this thread as I always knew I one day would. Today is that day, as I have quit the band. We have run our course, and I have lost my enthusiasm for the music. I am not proficient enough a drummer to continue faking my way through.

Barry
what? everything seemed to be going pretty well. i don't get it.

T

TFITTING942

Barry
This was such a great thread, thats too bad Barry. You sounded so pumped each step of the way though?

synergy

Baz, sorry to hear/read of the demise of the band.

WHen you started this I was expecting it to end in flames and tears- then I was hoping that you guys work on through-

It was like a soap opera! Great idea for a post

Some valuable lessons learned on this journey I feel

baz

Silver Member
...Thank you Dairyman, TFIT, and Synergy.

If I continue with this band/girlfriend analogy, this was a case of "it's not you, it's me". I am sorry to say but I got tired of one guy in particular so no matter how good the music was, it was not enough to make me want to stay.

When Paul left, it altered the chemistry and threw the whole band out of whack. As we soldiered on as a three piece, I felt that we were starting to get it together, then we altered the chemistry again.

When Brent brought Bill into the band, it went down as a done deal. At first it seemed like a good idea, as he was supposed to take over a goodly portion of the vocals. Bill can sing, and he is a great guy. I feel kind-0-sorry for him becuase he came in before we were ready, then (from my perspective) his main function was to be the equalizer between the skinny strings and the rythm section.

Maybe Brent thought that he needed to take charge, and steer the ship through the waters of his choosing, but he never did consult the crew, and nobody made him captain in the first place. A lot of my good nights, bad nights were as much to do with me getting along with him, or being pissed with him. I don't like being manipulated, so that left me with two choices. I could either suck it up and soldier on, or I could quit.

"But wait", you might be wndering,"why not talk it out and see if you can reach a compromise" Good point, glad you brought it up. Compromise will work, but only when all parties are willing. I am not willing. I prefer a clean break. Once you get over the initial news, it helps make it easier to move on. Dragging out the unevitable takes a far worse toll on everybody.

Once again I thank those of you who have taken the time to slow up, roll down the window and look while passing this wreck. I don't know if this thread really accomplished what I hoped it would. Hopefully the sequel will be a better read.

Barry