A simple questionnaire to which you may give your opinion, if you are that way inclined;
- Do you play with your right hand on the hi-hat and your left hand on the snare, is there a reason for this?
- Do you play on the ride cymbal on your right side, with your left hand? If not, is there a reason for this?
- What is the main/primary advantage to the method you employ. Be it closed, open, or other.
- Would you rather you had have been taught to play with a different method? If so, why?
- Is the whole concept referenced in this questionnaire unnecessary to begin with? If so, do you wish you had have chosen not to answer?