Contemplating the dubba-dubbas....

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Actually, I was hoping you'd a focused on Mr. Ken Mary .... I love the "shredder" guitar players simple because ... take any one of those cats ... and you "usually" will find a stellar rhythm section backing them up.​
So get in there Bo .... follow the path ... Tommy Aldridge ... Cozy Powell ... Billy Cobham ... Bo Eder !!!​
As for hair, either grow it so long it "almost" dangles in the toilet water (I used to be a hair farmer) , or cut it completely off ... (more the look I embrace now).​
Yeah, back in the late 80's I had so many of those shredder tapes by they always had great drummers on them. Deen Castronova, Atma Anur, Tommy Aldrige, Joe Franco.

The band I would roadie for opened for Chastain back in 89 (give or take).

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Actually, I was hoping you'd a focused on Mr. Ken Mary .... I love the "shredder" guitar players simple because ... take any one of those cats ... and you "usually" will find a stellar rhythm section backing them up.​
So get in there Bo .... follow the path ... Tommy Aldridge ... Cozy Powell ... Billy Cobham ... Bo Eder !!!​
As for hair, either grow it so long it "almost" dangles in the toilet water (I used to be a hair farmer) , or cut it completely off ... (more the look I embrace now).​
We'll see. Right now I'm probably thinking this will be a great way to get my jogging in without having to go anywhere - so that could be a plus!

harryconway

Platinum Member
Thanks Andy. And Pol, I suppose you're right, but dubba-dubba rolls off the tongue alot easier.

And yeah, I need hair like David Chastain! (Whoever he is and whereever he went!)

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Thanks Andy. And Pol, I suppose you're right, but dubba-dubba rolls off the tongue alot easier.

And yeah, I need hair like David Chastain! (Whoever he is and whereever he went!)

keep it simple

Platinum Member
I'll have three. I already had the 14 and 16 floor toms, and the add-ons are coming with an additional 14. This will make up for the fact that I only have three rack toms, and not four ;)
Maybe I should add four octobans. You can never have too many things to play, eh?
That's what I love about you Bo, so consistent ;)

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
prolly need more floor toms....?......
I'll have three. I already had the 14 and 16 floor toms, and the add-ons are coming with an additional 14. This will make up for the fact that I only have three rack toms, and not four ;)
Maybe I should add four octobans. You can never have too many things to play, eh?

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I know what Scottsmen wear underneath their kilts, but what do hula-dancers wear underneath their grass skirts?​
I intend to find out ;)

Actually, being of Hawaiian descent, I've been around hula dancing pretty much all my life, but no one had ever come up with the idea of using a modern drumkit with the dance troupe. Perhaps this will attract more dancers to this troupe and give me an instant fun gig with the monster kit. It sounds like a fun project, can't wait to real hammer out the details about it!

harryconway

Platinum Member
I know what Scottsmen wear underneath their kilts, but what do hula-dancers wear underneath their grass skirts?​

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
OK. The excitement is building. The extra drums have been paid for and have been shipped out today. But, a funnier story is this: I might have a special gig lined up for them that I'm in discussions about: being the drummer for a Tahitian-hula dance troupe. We're calling it "traditions with a modern twist". So I'm really pushing for this project now - the chance to work with real hula dancers, where I'd probably be the only musician guy there.....think about it....

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Today's update friends: I pulled the trigger! I should see an additional 18x22 bass drum, 7x8 tom, and 14x14 floor tom in a week or so. I was hem-hawing the additional floor tom (I already have a 14x14), but having THREE floor toms sounds like sauce for the goose to me.

It's gonna be a double-bass Christmas after all. I'll post pictures when they get in. Thanks for all the advice. My practice room will be a little more crowded - but what the heck!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
if for no other reason, Bo, you add some flexibility to your setup possibilities that you didn't have before. Plus, it's nice to have a tool in the box for "that sort of gig". I mean, look at you, subbing for Jon (at least I assume you are, we never heard the end of that little story). Maybe the Mouse House decides to do 80s Metal Week on Parade? You get offered an insane amount of cash to go do a Metallica tribute band one-off gig? You never know. Plus, the price seems pretty reasonable as long as those tubs anren't thrashed.
Well, the drums I have already are in great shape. Bought 'em used for $320 at Sam Ash (in 10 minutes too - that was different) Sizes 22, 10,12, with 14 and 16 floors and 14 snare. The seller got back to me and said I can get another 22 bass, 7x8 tom and an additional 14 floor tom for $260 with free shipping, and they're new in the box. I'm waiting to get his price on just the bass drum and just the 8 tom, in case I decide I didn't need the extra floor tom.

If anything it could be this great prop for a Monique photo shoot ;)

I'm still hypin' on the fun factor of having at least NINE drums to do my Animal impersonation, so I'll probably pull the trigger as soon as the seller gets back to me. I'm still not sure of getting the extra 14 floor, so I want to see what his price would be.

As far as Jon goes, he says he'll buy me dinner when I finally meet with him at the gig on the 17th. He gave me a list of songs and found that only about a forth of them I'm not really sure on. So I've downloaded them and have them on my iPod and I've been practicing. Friends of mine at Disney know of this taco restaurant and say the foods great and they'd all come out when and if I get to sub for him, so I have a built-in fan-base, I guess!

alparrott

Platinum Member
if for no other reason, Bo, you add some flexibility to your setup possibilities that you didn't have before. Plus, it's nice to have a tool in the box for "that sort of gig". I mean, look at you, subbing for Jon (at least I assume you are, we never heard the end of that little story). Maybe the Mouse House decides to do 80s Metal Week on Parade? You get offered an insane amount of cash to go do a Metallica tribute band one-off gig? You never know. Plus, the price seems pretty reasonable as long as those tubs anren't thrashed.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Today's update: the seller is confused and needs to know exactly what I want. I'm trying to avoid just sending money via paypal without an attached eBay auction, so I'm still waiting for word. I think I'll add the 22 bass drum, 7x8 tom and an additional 14 floor just for kicks.

DOT_Steel

all good!

we did the same with a pearl ECX, it turned into a really nice, big kit, that i enjoyed playing and others enjoyed looking at.

i say go for it, i would think you can only improve from having tried different things like that. if not, then you will push up the resale value for sure :)