concert toms

StaggerLee

Silver Member
i think larry dislikes them because they are for real men (and awesome women). The brash in your face, raw loudness and power of concert toms scare him a little...

rustynuts

I am actually restoring a Rogers kit that came to me with concert toms. In an act of mercy I will be having the 13" tom converted to a double headed tom. Gonna be a beaut' when she is done.
Found a Slingerland kit with concert toms this past weekend. If it's still there in a couple of days I'm going to snag it. A bit rough, but I'm always up for a project.

Red Menace

Platinum Member
I have a different take. Like if a drum were a person, a concert tom would be a blowhard.

They just sound rude to me.
I love this description. It reminds me of the thread where we personified our cymbals. I just picture a concert tom kit as a loud brash guy jabbering on his phone in the movie theater.

rustynuts

I love this description. It reminds me of the thread where we personified our cymbals. I just picture a concert tom kit as a loud brash guy jabbering on his phone in the movie theater.
I like rude, brash and in your face when it comes to music. Sounds like I may enjoy concert toms.

StaggerLee

Silver Member
I imagine brian blessed trying to read a childrens nursery rhyme when i think of concert toms, only he has the inability to speak any softer than his ""fly my pretties" moment in flash