Coming soon: Drum Workshop Magnetic Polarity Collectors Series

Lee-Bro

It's only a matter of time before John Good gets his hands on this log, releases a 30 minute video about the magnetic polarization effect on wood, and there's a new Collectors kit with Magnetically-Neutral™ hardware.

disclosure: I love my DW drums and think John Good is one of the best when it comes to marketing.

Last edited:

Ransan

...maybe offer upgrade option with the little trilobite inlays?

I feel suddenly regarded astronauts with space wood aren’t safe

Last edited:

dwsabianguy

Hell, if Craviotto get their hands on some of that, I might consider selling a kidney. That's a pretty cool chunk of wood!

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
Giggle worthy.

I read the thread title and thought it was serious!!

That's either a sad reflection on my gullibility.......or an even sadder reflection on my expectation that if someone actually has the ability to come up with something so whacky, DW is the most likely candidate.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I was watching a program on the gas giant Jupiter. It has a huge and tremendously strong magnetic field-though made mainly of hydrogen and helium. Apparently it comes from metallic hydrogen-freaky. Anyways this gets me thinking about thin golf-type glove with magnetic finger tips (or a magnetic tape you just put on fingertips), and accompanying little magnetic metal inserts you nail into your drum stick at your chosen position. You will always grab stick in same place,, should eliminate dropping a stick, and you might be able to use that magnetic action with fingertips for easier control, doing flying stick tricks you got a magnetic grip.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I was watching a program on the gas giant Jupiter. It has a huge and tremendously strong magnetic field-though made mainly of hydrogen and helium. Apparently it comes from metallic hydrogen-freaky. Anyways this gets me thinking about thin golf-type glove with magnetic finger tips (or a magnetic tape you just put on fingertips), and accompanying little magnetic metal inserts you nail into your drum stick at your chosen position. You will always grab stick in same place,, should eliminate dropping a stick, and you might be able to use that magnetic action with fingertips for easier control, doing flying stick tricks you got a magnetic grip.
This is an awesome idea Art. If I thought of it, there would be someone telling me that somebody else already did it. Because try as I might, I never had an original thought in my life.

I have some re-diculously strong magnets that are really small too. They're almost too strong. They would definitely hold.

It would have to be a magnetic ring around the stick, and a metal ring on the finger where you want contact. Or verse vice-a. Brilliant.

This sounds like something I would think of so therefore it had to have been done already.

Last edited:

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
This is an awesome idea Art. If I thought of it, there would be someone telling me that somebody else already did it. Because try as I might, I never had an original thought in my life.

I have some re-diculously strong magnets that are really small too. They're almost too strong. They would definitely hold.

It would have to be a magnetic ring around the stick, and a metal ring on the finger where you want contact. Or verse vice-a. Brilliant.

This sounds like something I would think of so therefore it had to have been done already.
Yeah someone probably has beat us to the punch but it might be interesting. I love your innovations Larry-they are "brilliant". The idea of "rings" is stellar . You could have one finger opposite poles to attract the magnet on stick and one the same to repel- make a magnetic fulcrum with finger action. I wonder if that would work? We should do a pilot study. DW would love it-since their woods are magnetically neutral LOL. Probably it will work great but act like Tesla coil and suddenly electricity will be arcing from amps to magnetics and lighting up the drummer (be like Steve Martin and "Optigrab".