Chris Coleman! :D

boomcrashbang

I got to spend a day with Chris in Ohio this July just passed. He is a great drummer but also a very interesting "larger than life" character. Wherever he goes he seems to be the center of attention, and he makes an effort to make people feel good.

I'm not massively into his style but he's so accurate at times he sounds digital. It's like he can blend with music so well that he flies under the radar. No need to mention his power or his speed, just wow.

Nice snare btw
Thanks for sharing your experience! indeed, Chris is truly one of the most optimistic persons I have ever talked to!

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
I got to spend a day with Chris in Ohio this July just passed. He is a great drummer but also a very interesting "larger than life" character. Wherever he goes he seems to be the center of attention, and he makes an effort to make people feel good.

I'm not massively into his style but he's so accurate at times he sounds digital. It's like he can blend with music so well that he flies under the radar. No need to mention his power or his speed, just wow.

Nice snare btw

boomcrashbang

That's a huge fun day right there. Chris's hands are just insane! Gospel chops aside, he's just a damn good drummer. You're a big guy Michael!
Agree..he is just awesome.. apart form the complexity of gattling gun chops, i found that his chops/strokes are very clear and have so much character in his playing/groove too!

I am 184cm and weigh 98 kgs. Yea, I am quite big compared to average Indonesian dudes :D

keep it simple

Platinum Member
That's a huge fun day right there. Chris's hands are just insane! Gospel chops aside, he's just a damn good drummer. You're a big guy Michael!

boomcrashbang

Hey, guys.. i hope you are all well :)

Just want to share with you that yesterday, the great Chris Coleman did a drum clinic in Jakarta, indonesia. It was a total blast!
Aside from monstrous drumming, he is such a friendly, funny, and humble man. Likes to talk a lot, sharing his passion and experience. We also had a lengthy discussion on Meinls and Sonor. Here is a couple of pics to share with you :)

last one..

I am lucky enough to have my HLD596 Horst Link Bronze 14x6 to be "blessed" by Benny Greb, Jojo Mayer, and this time by Mr. Coleman himself! :)