Cheap Source For Snare Wires

G

Ghostnote

Anyone know of one? I've been looking for 15" snare wires, but most places want $20 + almost $20 to ship to Canada. I never imagined it would be so expensive to get a set of Ludwig 15" 12-stranders.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Anyone know of one? I've been looking for 15" snare wires, but most places want $20 + almost $20 to ship to Canada. I never imagined it would be so expensive to get a set of Ludwig 15" 12-stranders.
Get your American friend to buy them for you, then send as a gift. (?) I really don't know if that works.

KamaK

Platinum Member
Is it still $20 shipping to get a 12, 16, and 20 strand as a single order? It may just be the universe telling you to experiment.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
shipping everywhere has gone crazy. I tried to order a small, 14 x 4 raw drum shell, at 21.00 and the shipping was 17.50. I refused. I was told that UPS has gone to dimensional shipping charges meaning something large, but very light will be charged by the size as well as the weight. Good luck in your hunt.

There are some 15 inch snares listed on eBay that are being sold in Cananda

Last edited:

tcspears

Gold Member
Have you tried going to a local music store or a big box store? They are probably going to be the same price, but no shipping...

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Stupid question, but have you tried Amazon? Are they any better?

Also, have you googled "drum shop in Canada"? Can any of those places help you out?

G

Ghostnote

I tried Amazon and Ebay as well as a few music stores. Crazy shipping charges across the board. I guess I'll just go with my local Long & McQuade (Canadian equivalent to Guitar Center). Always takes so long for orders to come in. Both 15" heads and 15" snare wires are rare commodities and are never in stock. I can't believe 15" snares aren't more popular, they sound so good.

On a side note- has anyone tried Fat Cat snare wires? Are they worth the extra cash. The option of having half your wires fat and the other half crisp intrigues me.

G

Ghostnote

I tried Amazon and Ebay as well as a few music stores. Crazy shipping charges across the board. I guess I'll just go with my local Long & McQuade (Canadian equivalent to Guitar Center). Always takes so long for orders to come in. Both 15" heads and 15" snare wires are rare commodities and are never in stock. I can't believe 15" snares aren't more popular, they sound so good.

On a side note- has anyone tried Fat Cat snare wires? Are they worth the extra cash. The option of having half your wires fat and the other half crisp intrigues me.
Never mind- they only make 14" dual-adjustable wires.