Chance to Buy 40th Anniversary DW's

Omadus

Which would you prefer, the 40th anniversary set or a DW custom set? I'm thinking they'd both be about the same money.
I'll see what I can get done for the price....it's it's not much of a difference, I may just go with the 40. I like the sizes and the look, the built-in mike is nice too!

Red Menace

Platinum Member
I like the sizes and the look, the built-in mike is nice too!
You can buy and install a Kelly Shu for about 2 bills including the mic. Don't let that be the deciding factor for you. Check out the Your Gear section, the user Rhythmtip did a pretty clean job on a internal mic for kis kick.

Personally that is way more than I would spend on a set of drums but don't take my opinion to heart, I'm a tightwad. All my gear has been purchased used or on closeout.

Red Menace

Platinum Member
....so am I, hence my problem with this!
So look for a used DW kit if you like DW. They do retain their value and are plentiful. You can easily install an internal kick mic and could even send stuff in to DW to have it re-wraped. It really is your money and your call but I would say that you could get something just as nice and just as pretty for much, much less.

Omadus

So look for a used DW kit if you like DW. They do retain their value and are plentiful. You can easily install an internal kick mic and could even send stuff in to DW to have it re-wraped. It really is your money and your call but I would say that you could get something just as nice and just as pretty for much, much less.
I would like to stay around the 3K range. Not too worried about the internal mike, just looked like a nice touch. I've always been one to spend my money on the "right" thing...whatever that may be. Our next big show is the first of August, so I hope to have this resolved by then!