Carmine Appice Realistic Drum Fills

Toolate

Platinum Member
Post some pics and we'll decide Darren.

My teacher took lessons from Carmine when he was young so I am on a similar path to him. Havent seen the fill book but the realistic rock book is kicking my ass around (beginner) so I would imagine that the other book is the same. Fill section of rock book is good for getting aroudn the kit but not too crazy and very rock-y if you know what I mean.

joebdrums

Hey everyone, Joe Bergamini from Hudson Music here. Carmine's Replacements book is ideal for getting comfortable with fill combinations between hands and feet on the kit. It starts off very easy and is perfect for beginner to intermediate level players. Advanced players can find some new and fun ideas as well. The fills are very practical when split up around the kit. I recorded the CD myself at Carmine's request. Another cool thing is that the fills can be used in straight AND swung styles (lots of triplet stuff is included), so rock, blues, and jazz players can use the book. I think it is a ton of fun and very useful. I really enjoyed playing the patterns when I made the CD. Hope this helps!!

I had the book when I was very young in the 70s.

My first drum book.

Alot of funk rock stuff in that book. Not overly complicated but gives you a real good musical grounding.

Love his playing on Rod Stewart's album Do You Think I'm Sexy?

Not the same book, this one is brand new. So no one out there has even seen this book?

I had the book when I was very young in the 70s.

My first drum book.

Alot of funk rock stuff in that book. Not overly complicated but gives you a real good musical grounding.

Love his playing on Rod Stewart's album Do You Think I'm Sexy?

Has anyone used this book? I'm very interested in working on my hand foot combinations, and I'm wondering if this is the best book to work on this. Does anyone have any other recommendations for books on this topic?