Can you tell what drum do I have???

Xrummer

Hi, this is a awkward question , but i bought this drum in 2003, when I didn't really known nothing about this, now many years later I've recuperated the whole drum , and i would like to now what model it is! It's a Gretsch with a 22'' bass drum and 12'' 13'' 16'' toms. There is no indication of the model anywhere, and I've lost the receipt.

From 2003 :D

I really appreciate your help!

opentune

Platinum Member
If the shells are not covered in silver paint and the bass drum is 16 inches deep its a 2000 Catalina, made offshore. I have the same kit and badge, but the wrap stripped.

Xrummer

I got a badge pic for you

I doubt is any kind of special edition, It's was relatively cheap (nevertheless I had to work a lot doing very nasty stuff to buy it, lol).

opentune, the drum is totally black, like laqued black, so this "offshore" means my drumkit it's a cheap "Made in China" Gretsch lol?

Thank you all for your responses.

opentune

Platinum Member
I got a badge pic for you

I doubt is any kind of special edition, It's was relatively cheap (nevertheless I had to work a lot doing very nasty stuff to buy it, lol).

opentune, the drum is totally black, like laqued black, so this "offshore" means my drumkit it's a cheap "Made in China" Gretsch lol?

Thank you all for your responses.
No, nothing wrong at all that they are made offshore, Cina etc. ,thats not what Om saying, its just to ID them as not USA Custom Gretsch drums. To tell that difference for the badge era you have is the silver paint *inside* the shells. If you have no silver paint in there they are made outside of USA. Mine are offshore too, and they sound super. Apparently though, on Catalina's the bass drum went from 16 inch deep to 18 inch deep between 2000 and about 2009.

Xrummer

I think that it's a little bigger than 16 inches (We don't use inches here :)) And nop no silver painting only natural wood. So it's a Catalina Maple?, it's official?

Xrummer

I don't have that "Wooden" hop on the bass drum.

I've mesured the bass drum, it's 14'' without the hoops and 18'' with them, hope it helps!

Last edited: