Can we have an adult conversation please.

paradiddle pete

Platinum Member
How would the majority express their opinion, then? I have seen very few people directly blast the "voice of dissent." Most are just saying they would prefer to have commercial interests represented here.
As far as I know the "Interent" or "Internet" is not a Democracy, all I'm saying is the opposing voice should at least be listened to .

Stroman

Platinum Member
As far as I know the "Interent" or "Internet" is not a Democracy, all I'm saying is the opposing voice should at least be listened to .
Never said it was a democracy. In fact, Bernhard has long said things are fine the way they are, and it's his house. If anything, the "dissenters" should be respectful of the home-owner's wishes, IMO. I don't think the issue is people not HEARING the voice of dissent, most just disagree.

paradiddle pete

Platinum Member
Democracy is Greek I believe meaning the voice of many,French "democratie", from Latin "democratia" Greek "demokratia' , from demos "people the masses, kratia, "rule, government" , from kratos " strength , power , authority ,talk of Majority expression then . "whatever" let the home owner speak for himself.

Last edited:

Stroman

Platinum Member
Democracy is Greek I believe meaning the voice of many,French "democratie", from Latin "democratia" Greek "demokratia' , from demos "people the masses, kratia, "rule, government" , from kratos " strength , power , authority ,talk of Majority expression then . "whatever" let the home owner speak for himself.
I don't really know what your point is with the discussion of the word democracy here, but as for the home owner speaking for himself, he already has. His post was the last one in the locked thread that apparently resulted in this one.

I hope to hell I am making more sense to other people than you are to me. I feel like I'm just talking to a wall here, so I suppose I'll step back.

paradiddle pete

Platinum Member
I believe Andy's OP went like this," I am interested in all opinions respectfully expressed". I respectfully added my opinions.

paradiddle pete

Platinum Member
How would the majority express their opinion, then? I have seen very few people directly blast the "voice of dissent." Most are just saying they would prefer to have commercial interests represented here.
How would the Majority express their opinion, is a Democratic Situation good sir.Now i will respectfully step away.

Stroman

Platinum Member
How would the Majority express their opinion, is a Democratic Situation good sir.Now i will respectfully step away.
OK, I think I'm beginning to see where we misunderstood one another. When I asked how the majority would express their opinions, I was not asking how the majority should make their opinions rule (which I believe is where you started feeling the need to say the internet wasn't a Democracy).

I meant, quite simply, how else can a person whose opinion happens to be in the majority express his/her opinion besides stating it?

If 19 out of 20 people say "I like vanilla ice cream," it doesn't mean they are blasting the dissenting guy who says "I like chocolate ice cream." My point was, one or two people in this thread may have said "You're a jerk for liking chocolate ice cream!!" but most just said they liked vanilla...

I apologize, because I honestly thought you were just being obtuse. Now I see we probably did misunderstand one another.

GeoB

Gold Member
Gear updates etc... don't necessarily have to be posted in the Forum. Doesn't the Drummer World site have a spot for those product updates, merch, etc...?

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I always think you're addressing me when you type it that way. Not a fan of this whatsoever.
If you don't approve, I shall cease and desist effective immediately.

Just know that it was done in homage to you, a great man among men.

I guess I'll have to stick with my newly minted homage, for paradiddle pete's sake.

It's a sad day being snubbed by one of my heros, but hey, your wish is my command sir.

paradiddle pete

Platinum Member

I guess I'll have to stick with my newly minted homage, for paradiddle pete's sake.

It's a sad day being snubbed by one of my heros, but hey, your wish is my command sir.
Chocolate and Vanilla, Get Out of My House , Fokker.

Last edited:

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member

No snubbing intended in the slightest. I found it funny that I'm apparently vain enough that my brain is scanning the page for mention of myself. I thought you were poking fun and was totally into it.

Never be afraid of offending watso is rule number 6 of dealing with watso. Troll watso with impunity.