Can I get just a Ludwig Centennial 16" floor tom?

jodgey4

Silver Member
I want to make a Bonham kit (with a 20 X 24 though, 14, 16, 18), and I could just get a Green Sparkle kit off Just Drums Inc. but I don't want to waste $ with the 12" tom, even though it might cool to have, but even so with a 14" tom added, the 12" wouldn't really go anywhere because I don't really want a six-piece. Anyways, I can get all the other drums fine but it appears that I can only get a 16" floor tom with a shell pack. Is there any way to just get it by itself? Also, how do the shells compare to the Classic Maple, because I could get a Centennial kit now in Green Sparkle and maybe add a 14" X 26" bass drum later in the same finish, and if I did, would they sound close enough to not tell a difference? I'm really only curious about the 16" right now though, the other question is extra credit I guess. Thanks a bunch.

KarlCrafton

Platinum Member
You want the ARENA shell pack. LRC24

That one has the 20x24, 12-16-18. You'll have to add the 14 (LRC1014T), but you could sell the 12 for a decent price on eBay or Craigslist if you don't want it.

The add on drum prices are very reasonable IMO, and you'd get your money back on the 12.

The wood in the Centennial series is the same as the Classic maple, but all manufacturing of the Centennial is done overseas.
The finish is different than the GS wrap on the CM's (Centennial is painted, with bigger 2mm flakes).

I thought I saw in the Casico catalog a listing for the 16" ft, but I'd have to check again to be sure. They MAY have other sizes available now because this is supposed to be the only year these kits are being made, so they may be getting rid of stock.

I'd recommend the Bronze 6.5 too if you can swing it. It's the LRC6514SBZ.
Then sell the wood snare or keep it as a second snare.

The 14x16 is what I'd want to get myself because I always use a left side ft in my set up.

I'd have bought one of these kits in a second if I could have gotten an add-on 14x16 (the add on 14 ft is too small for what I want). I was going to get one for my son, and use it once in a while myself on certain gigs, but that's not happening now.

We're just going CM in the sizes we want, in a different color (Gold or Black Sparkle--can't decide!!) sometime next year.

Hope you can pick up what you want.

jodgey4

Silver Member
Thanks, I think I'll get the arena kit then add the 14", btw I have a LM411 (6.5 X 14 Supraphonic SS chrome) coming tonight with stands, but thanks for the idea. I forgot to mention that was another reason I wished I could buy separately, so I didn't have to pay for the snare. Anyways thanks a bunch.

volvoguy

Thanks, I think I'll get the arena kit then add the 14", btw I have a LM411 (6.5 X 14 Supraphonic SS chrome) coming tonight with stands, but thanks for the idea. I forgot to mention that was another reason I wished I could buy separately, so I didn't have to pay for the snare. Anyways thanks a bunch.
Yep... I wish that all shell packs came without snares. Most folks don't want the stock wood drums from anything. I was lucky to find my Elements sans snare drum.

-Ryan

jodgey4

Silver Member
I finally ordered my kit off Musician's Friend, got the 24" shell pack and 14" and 18" add-on toms in Silver Sparkle (I wanted Green but oh well)for $1020 (which is a really good price, but it happened at the end of trying to get a Luddy Accent Zep from them for 2 months with no success at $890 price matched instead of $1395, so we got a big discount on this one because they couldn't handle themselves to get me the Zep, but I think I'll be MUCH happier with the Centennials, and my LM411 6.5" X 14" Supraphonic SS I got for $409, which is the price of a normal not-SS Supraphonic, and my Paiste Bonham set for $593.67 (no bag or DVD)(it worked out to be real cheap, unrelated to the 'zep set incedent' as I call it). It's been a long 2 months). anyways, thanks for all of your guys help. I'm planning on ditching the 12" and the snare pretty soon. Again thanks.