Can a mediocre drummer from Liverpool go on to fame and fortune?

tamadrm

Platinum Member
No...but a good one can.And still have a career 50 years later....Peace and Love.Just keepin it real...:<:)

Steve B

Naigewron

Platinum Member
Can I put a filter on the thread list that hides all the "Can a xxx be a yyy"? Seriously, the joke stopped being funny even before the first thread was posted.

shemp

Silver Member
Can I put a filter on the thread list that hides all the "Can a xxx be a yyy"? Seriously, the joke stopped being funny even before the first thread was posted.
You might need look-up table or database for x and y....and a loop to filter through everything :)

Red Menace

Platinum Member
Yea these threads are about the same level of humor as an adult who tells "knock knock" jokes. Lets keep moving and stop with this silliness. I stopped being funny shortly after it started.

Shemp! I thought you took your ball and went home. Are you back to stay?

keep it simple

Platinum Member
I'm originally from an orphanage in Liverpool, & I'm a mediocre drummer on a good day, so the answer is no, especially if you're an old decrepit lazy bastard like me who doesn't practice.

Red Menace

Platinum Member
Andy, Do you have a Liverpoolian accent? Cause that would sweet.

'ullo m8. I'm uhndy th' droomah'.

Yes, that's how they talk over there right?

Red Menace

Platinum Member
Don't give him ideas. Once he gets a little Jack in him he'll create that thread in triplicate. PFOG gets a little weird when he gets yank-pissed.

keep it simple

Platinum Member
Andy, Do you have a Liverpoolian accent? Cause that would sweet.

'ullo m8. I'm uhndy th' droomah'.

Yes, that's how they talk over there right?
Noooo, that's a Bolton accent th' Knows. Think Ringo but heavily veiled by a BBC English overture, & you're about right :)

Magenta

Platinum Member
I'm also from Liverpool - the posh part, obviously (it's relative) - but have yet to achieve fame, fortune or indeed mediocrity.

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
Noooo, that's a Bolton accent th' Knows. Think Ringo but heavily veiled by a BBC English overture, & you're about right :)
I was recently praised at work by a lady from Yorkshire on my Northern affectations.

The trick is to never pronounce the 'th' and instead to nod. It works every time.

I know you know this, Andy but I just felt the need to clarify for our colonial cousins.

Red Menace

Platinum Member
Can you elaborate Dunc?

So you don't pronounce the "th" sound at the begining of a word? While we're on the subject, where the heck is Brian John of ACDC from? He sounds downright Irish.

A friend recently pointed out a unique reigional quirk we have here in the SOuthwest. We swallow the T sound in the middle of words. "Moun-tain" becomes "moun-n" or "Monitor" becomes "Monidurr".

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
Can you elaborate Dunc?

So you don't pronounce the "th" sound at the begining of a word? While we're on the subject, where the heck is Brian John of ACDC from? He sounds downright Irish.

A friend recently pointed out a unique reigional quirk we have here in the SOuthwest. We swallow the T sound in the middle of words. "Moun-tain" becomes "moun-n" or "Monitor" becomes "Monidurr".
Brian's a Geordie (near Newcastle). Totally different accent.

When I say, you don't pronounce the 'th', it's when it's used as a 'the' in a sentence.

Reverting to stereotype:

'Eh, Bob, there's trouble down't mill'!

You don't say the 't' in that sentence. You just not and put your tongue in the position as if you were going to say a 't', but you don't say it.

Maybe I'll make a video when I have five minutes. I'm a home counties boy but I was an adopted Lancastrian for a while.

Liverpool accents are different again, with more intonation - especially at the ends of sentences.

Red Menace

Platinum Member
...Fascinating. Thanks for the clarification.

I'd apologize to everyone for Saturn-ing this thread but I think it's an improvement.