Buddy Rich thread deleted?

tamadrm

Platinum Member
While I think we can all agree on certain words that are racist by their very nature,ethnic slurs included.I for one refuse to use those words,in any connotation.Conversely,I am sick to death of political correctness.At times feel like I'm walking on a verbal minefield,especially on puplic forums.I don't feel like we all have to bend to every single nuance, of the possibility that we may offend someone in the slightest way.

I'm with PFOG.Unless something is overtly racist....you just need to get out more and thicken up your thin skin.There aren't boogie men(NOT A RACIST TERM,I CHECKED) around every tree.Take your shoes off,and put your feet up on the couch..and chill.Laugh at your self once in a while.There are plenty of REAL bad guys out there.After 20+ years in the NYPD........trust me....I know.

Steve B

rjvsmb

Ok, I can accept the the mods might not see the thread title as the best choice - fine. But, the thread itself was good. Why not just modify the title?

Cheers,
-r

ddrumman2004

Yes...this is supposed to be a family friendly forum but I see may posts in threads with what I see as unfriendly family words. Why someone can't reply without using "swear" words is beyond me.

As for the term "cotton pickin" in the title of a thread, who would be offended? Not me as I have picked my fair share of cotton in my early days of my youth. "Chopped" it as well.

I missed that Buddy Rich thread as I'm not on here everyday as well.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I look at it this way,

From the Forum rules, "If a post or thread is moved, edited, locked, or deleted, we are doing our job using discretion and our best judgment. Please do not argue with us or question our actions or decisions, and do not discuss deleted posts, banned members, or the moderation of the forum in your posts". I learned it the hard way, but I learned it.

rjvsmb

I look at it this way,

From the Forum rules, "If a post or thread is moved, edited, locked, or deleted, we are doing our job using discretion and our best judgment. Please do not argue with us or question our actions or decisions, and do not discuss deleted posts, banned members, or the moderation of the forum in your posts". I learned it the hard way, but I learned it.
Well, I guess we've violated each of these in this post. Good job everyone.

Cheers,
-r

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
As for the term "cotton pickin" in the title of a thread, who would be offended? Not me as I have picked my fair share of cotton in my early days of my youth. "Chopped" it as well.
I agree that people get offended way too easily, but "cotton pickin" used with negative connotation is a specific, derogatory, racist term. Just like the "n" word, it references a terrible time of human slavery in our country, and it's generally in rather poor taste to use. The term would not hold negative connotation if it's origins were not as they are.

ddrumman2004

I agree that people get offended way too easily, but "cotton pickin" used with negative connotation is a specific, derogatory, racist term. Just like the "n" word, it references a terrible time of human slavery in our country, and it's generally in rather poor taste to use. The term would not hold negative connotation if it's origins were not as they are.
I could say more but this is a family forum so let's stop with all the negative talk on everything...from drums to cymbals to sticks....they are all good.

I do miss Sticks though...

LanceG33

But if it's good enough for Bugs Bunny ...
Interestingly, (to me at least) there is Looney Tunes content from the 40s/50s that you cannot obtain any longer due to racial themes. Of course, being taboo, they are some of the most watched episodes on the interwebs.

I won't link them here, however, as I'm sure they will be bothersome to some even viewed through a critical historical lense.