Bot my new 24' X 24' rehearsal room!

Destroyer1

everything looking great so far...

how are your neighbors feeling?
Thanks VZ...

Actually? Only one comment so far....

I have a huge corner lot that backs up to the woods. My next door neighbor is a patrolman for the NTP. Nashville Tennessee Police. Metro Patrol.

Drives a souped-up Cop Cruiser...You know. The guy you HATE to see in your rearview mirror with flashing lights when you're caught guilty and red-handed...?!?

Young kid. Nice guy. Very polite and respectful. Him and his wife just moved in to the house recently. I've given him tips on lawn care and loaned him my tractor until he could get his own machine.

I walked out to the mailbox yesterday to get the mail and as he was driving in his (driveway) he rolled down his window...

"Hey man!"...I say..."Hows it going out there on the mean streets?"

"Pretty peaceful"...he says..

"Stephen..." he said. "Was that The Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin I heard yesterday in your house before I went to work?" (His hours are 2pm to 11 pm. We rehearse from Noon until 4 pm. )

"Yep". I says..."Was it loud?" I said. "It was just me and my band of brothers. If it was too loud we can turn down the sound...."

"NO!" he says..."It wasn't...but WAIT. A MINUTE...I mean...I thought it was the record...THAT was your band...like a....live music band?!"

"Yeah"...I says.."It was just us...Did you really like it?" I ask.

"DUH!" he says. "I'm a HUGE Zeppelin fan. HUGE! Can you play Moby Dick...and maybe Rock n' Roll? How about 'You Shook Me'...or 'Misty Mountain Hop???....I LOVE that song!"

"course'... I say..."We can do all those....But it'll cost ya."

"Uh...say what?" he says.

"Yeah"..I say. "Look. I'll be on the road off and on for the next few months...My wife will be here alone and although we have excellent ADT alarm coverage yadda yadda...I would appreciate it if you looked in on her from time to time..just while I'm away...and I'll text you when I'm flying out and flying in etc. If you'll do that I'll have my band play any Led Zeppelin tune you want!...Deal?"

"Yeah man!" He says..."Deal..and what does your band charge for private parties...say my brothers wedding?"

"I don't handle those things"...I say. "My Bassist/Manager does...and I'm sure we can work something out that will be mutually beneficial." I say....... "Here's his number..." :)

Last edited:

v.zarate

Gold Member
Thanks VZ...

Actually? Only one comment so far....

I have a huge corner lot that backs up to the woods. My next door neighbor is a patrolman for the NTP. Nashville Tennessee Police. Metro Patrol.

Drives a souped-up Cop Cruiser...You know. The guy you HATE to see in your rearview mirror with flashing lights when you're caught guilty and red-handed...?!?

Young kid. Nice guy. Very polite and respectful. Him and his wife just moved in to the house recently. I've given him tips on lawn care and loaned him my tractor until he could get his own machine.

I walked out to the mailbox yesterday to get the mail and as he was driving in his (driveway) he rolled down his window...

"Hey man!"...I say..."Hows it going out there on the mean streets?"

"Pretty peaceful"...he says..

"Stephen..." he said. "Was that The Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin I heard yesterday in your house before I went to work?" (His hours are 2pm to 11 pm. We rehearse from Noon until 4 pm. )

"Yep". I says..."Was it loud?" I said. "It was just me and my band of brothers. If it was too loud we can turn down the sound...."

"NO!" he says..."It wasn't...but WAIT. A MINUTE...I mean...I thought it was the record...THAT was your band...like a....live music band?!"

"Yeah"...I says.."It was just us...Did you really like it?" I ask.

"DUH!" he says. "I'm a HUGE Zeppelin fan. HUGE! Can you play Moby Dick...and maybe Rock n' Roll? How about 'You Shook Me'...or 'Misty Mountain Hop???....I LOVE that song!"

"course'... I say..."We can do all those....But it'll cost ya."

"Uh...say what?" he says.

"Yeah"..I say. "Look. I'll be on the road off and on for the next few months...My wife will be here alone and although we have excellent ADT alarm coverage yadda yadda...I would appreciate it if you looked in on her from time to time..just while I'm away...and I'll text you when I'm flying out and flying in etc. If you'll do that I'll have my band play any Led Zeppelin tune you want!...Deal?"

"Yeah man!" He says..."Deal..and what does your band charge for private parties...say my brothers wedding?"

"I don't handle those things"...I say. "My Bassist/Manager does...and I'm sure we can work something out that will be mutually beneficial." I say....... "Here's his number..." :)
you got the law on your side!!! awesome

you may have to have a camera up when you guys play so we can get a look too! ;)

toddmc

Gold Member
Great to hear some good news neighbours stories for a change (especially when the cops are involved).
Looks like the rehearsal space situation is only getting better so that's great to see.
All your kit needs now is one of these and you're officially the man who has everything!

Attachments

Destroyer1

It's all coming together! Slated for gigs in Alabama @ The masquerade and ND's huge bike ride in Sturgis...

I'll have some rehearsal vid clips shortly..

My guitar players said they were NOT going to see their Marshall stacks go up in flames...photo shop or not! LOL

I said...DUDES...it's just photoshop! Nope. Nothin' doin' they said... :)

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Cool stuff.How are you liking that 60's-70's Slingerland super sound king snare?

And by the way,you must have heard this before,but if there ever was a Carmine Appice look -a- like contest,you'd win hands down dude..

Again ,just great stuff.

Steve B

FoolInTheRain

Having your own room is awesome! I pay for mine, and it's about 20 minutes away, but it's there whenever I want to go play 24/7. Congrats on your new square footage.

Destroyer1

Cool stuff.How are you liking that 60's-70's Slingerland super sound king snare?

And by the way,you must have heard this before,but if there ever was a Carmine Appice look -a- like contest,you'd win hands down dude..

Again ,just great stuff.

Steve B
Thanks! Yep. I get that quite a bit. At recent recordings @ Graham Nash's old digs on Sunset Blvd in LA, CROSSROADS OF THE WORLD I was constantly given top seating in all the great restaurants ..my wife goes...Babe...WHO is this Carmine Appice?

Vanilla Fudge babe...I says...Watch...I told her...GREAT drummer from my old neighborhood in Brooklyn...Taught his kid brother to play drums...Kids name is Vincent...I used to beat his ass in handball every day..sore loser this kid...anyway I says to my wife...Vincent has played with a lot of people. Decent drummer. Carmine? she asks...Carmine? I says...look at me I says...that kid could knock the socks offa' all the drummers around..that kid. OMG! Still rules...Gotta' hand it to him...he was my first and foremost tutor...

And then I get a waiter that says...MR. Richie Blackmore...so nice to see you sir...your seat is right over here sir!.....

Jezz I says...~rolls eyes~My wife goes...Richie from Deep Purple? OMG! Remember we were shopping in St Marks Place NYC in the village...and these three young goth kids came u to you and asked if you were Allen Rickman,,,from Harry Potter...I almost died..she says

yeah..I says...but they asked ME for my autograph..and I signed as me.

Yep, she gasped...but to see them scurry away with them....priceless...

Honey I says...
Yeah? she says...

Can we please go eat now...i'm famished...and well...they DO think I'm Richie Blackmore...

From Black Sabbath she says?

Uh....I says...lets go eat!!!! ;-)

Last edited:

Destroyer1

Well 4 members minus 0ne. What is it with alchoholics? We try to save them...and yet. These kids are nuts...7 Long island ice teas? This kid could not stand...let alone sing...

Strike one! :-(

So the hunt for a sober Lead Singer is ON!....sheesh....!