Bonham rocking a Sonor Teardrop kit

A

Anthony Amodeo

It actually looks like it was only partially dubbed; there are area's that seem to be live.
none of it looks live to me at all

there are times when they mime better than others .....but it is definitely all mimed

from Led Zeppelin.com

Led Zeppelin make their only visit to the popular German TV show, Beat Club, to be filmed lip-synching Babe I'm Gonna Leave You and You Shook Me. The footage is eventually shelved, but clips are used by the Beat Club for a Whole Lotta Love video in March 1970.

A

Anthony Amodeo

That kit is a back line set used by the show.There's also a vid of Steppenwolfs drummer on youtube using the same kit.

That kit was used by every band that came on the show back then.

It's basicly a prop :)

Steve B

I think he was referring to John playing trad in the vid when saying..."did anyone see what I saw?"

tamadrm

Platinum Member
I think he was referring to John playing trad in the vid when saying..."did anyone see what I saw?"
That is rather unusual.

In the DVD "A Concert for George" there's a quick shot of........Ringo using Trad. grip.

Seeing that was really strange, considering he has been credited with turning most drummers to matched grip players.

I've seen lots of player switch up,even Buddy and Joe Morello which really blew me away.

Steve B

A

Anthony Amodeo

That is rather unusual.

In the DVD "A Concert for George" there's a quick shot of........Ringo using Trad. grip.

Seeing that was really strange, considering he has been credited with turning most drummers to matched grip players.

I've seen lots of player switch up,even Buddy and Joe Morello which really blew me away.

Steve B

it is very common for trad players to switch to matched in certain situations as we have all seen Buddy , Joe Morello, Max Roach, Tony Williams, Roy Haynes....on and on and on do

what is not very common is a matched player switching to trad for situations

Formless Method

That kit is a back line set used by the show.There's also a vid of Steppenwolfs drummer on youtube using the same kit.

That kit was used by every band that came on the show back then.

It's basicly a prop :)

Steve B
I was referring to the fact that Bohnam was playing traditional grip instead of matched.

HMNY

Silver Member
Stacato actually listed Bonham as an endorcer in some of their printed material of the day.

Steve B
I think I remember reading somewhere that he had (or was in the process of doing so) switched to Staccato drums just prior to his passing away.