Blond moments while playing

Funny story !! What are the odds of that happening...........

On a side note;

What !!!
A band playing for an audience and all of the musicians have click tracks in their ears ????
Oh my gosh. That is outrageous !
If I had to play in bands like that, I'd quit drumming and take up rock collecting.

Haha, glad you got a kick out of it!

Yeah, it was a little strange, but it was cause the musical director thought that me playing the hi-hats to keep everyone in time when I wasn't playing was irritating and took away from the music, lol. So he told everyone they had to play to a click. Which, of course, meant I had to be spot on ALL the time, or everyone would hear it... Lol.

T

TwoCables

Yeah, it was a little strange, but it was cause the musical director thought that me playing the hi-hats to keep everyone in time when I wasn't playing was irritating and took away from the music, lol. So he told everyone they had to play to a click. Which, of course, meant I had to be spot on ALL the time, or everyone would hear it... Lol.
I have to admit that I don't like making any sounds in order to help keep the band in time when there otherwise shouldn't be any percussive sounds happening at the moment. Although, I still do it because I'm not fortunate to have band mates who are good enough time keepers that they don't need help when there are no drums at a particular moment. Of course, I also realize that it helps some people who are listening to the band to keep following along instead of getting lost. lol Still, I don't like making percussive sounds when they don't belong in the music at certain spots.

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member

Oh, maybe what your saying is that there are some parts of the song where there are no drums. And the director wanted to keep the other band members in time while your not playing. I guess that is OK.

I was just thinking that normally the drums ARE the click track for the rest of the band.