Blazing Double Stroke Roll Licks #1

WhoIsTony?

the Keith Carlock staple

I know a million guys play it... but Keith never doesn't play it :)

and he plays the shit out of it for sure !

fun lick indeed

WhoIsTony?

I like to follow it with a flam, rest, flam, rest, flam, rest!
after all these years I still cannot execute the flam, rest, flam, rest, flam, rest worth $h!t

I blame that brilliant DVD for ruining my drumming career ... groundbreaking and innovative ugh!!!!

feldiefeld

the Keith Carlock staple

I know a million guys play it... but Keith never doesn't play it :)

and he plays the shit out of it for sure !

fun lick indeed
Actually…..the "blazing double stroke roll lick #1" is NOT the Keith lick. Inspired by it….yes. But the phrasing is decidedly different and the Keith lick includes two bass drum notes.

The exact Keith version can be found here:

http://www.bangthedrumschool.com/keith-carlock-signature-lick-transcription/

I'm not trying to be a know it all….just want to make sure I say what I believe is true…. :)
MF

WhoIsTony?

cornelius

Silver Member
Here are some interesting double stroke roll licks that I've been working on. You may like them. The full article with four examples and a printable PDF can be found at the following link:

http://www.bangthedrumschool.com/blazing-double-stroke-roll-licks-one/

Here's just one of the ideas you'll find at the post:

Hope you enjoy…..
MF
Ha! I think I've mentioned this over at Cymbalholic, but you're in the Music Bldg, right? I think my studio is underneath yours - I've heard you playing the hell out of this lick!!

feldiefeld

Ha! I think I've mentioned this over at Cymbalholic, but you're in the Music Bldg, right? I think my studio is underneath yours - I've heard you playing the hell out of this lick!!
Ha Ha! Yes….that's me…… at least one person knows I can actually play this!! Ha. we need to meet one of these days. I think I've heard you jamming on some fusion stuff down there…..maybe a Chick song or two?

cornelius

Silver Member
That was probably me... But if you hear a burnin' jazz playing - that would not be me... :) That's Matsu, who is a monster player.

Pretty happening little drum corner in our bldg. You're upstairs, Matsu, Adrian Harpham, Neil Nunziato and Rich Pagano are next door to me - not bad company...

Anyway, thanks for latest lick - see you around the bldg!