Bill Bruford's Autobiography (book)

BillBachman

Gold Member
I read this recently and highly recommend for anyone and everyone to buy this book. If you've never heard of him or even hate the music he played, it's still worth getting. His insights into the music business and society at large are fascinating. He's a very smart, witty and down to earth. I can't say enough good things about his book.

-just thought I'd put in a plug for a very high quality piece of work!

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
A BB book autobiographical, nice ProjeKct, or another Cirkus?

Roundabout I'll get into it.

Wonder if he wrote it for easy money, or was there some real discipline involved?

Anon La Ply

Renegade
A BB book autobiographical, nice ProjeKct, or another Cirkus?

Roundabout I'll get into it.

Wonder if he wrote it for easy money, or was there some real discipline involved?
B'boom :)

Was lent this book a few years ago and it's an entertaining read from a brilliant man and drummer.

Drumsinhisheart

Silver Member
I wanted to get it when it came out. Forgot about it. I really want to read it though, because Bruford IS a one of a kind guy. Very intelligent and great wit, as you say. I watched a lecture he gave at a university and it was quite interesting.

I'd love to meet him. I would like to see a round table discussion with him, Peart, and Bozzio talking about the industry in general and other stuff. They all seem like deep thinkers. Vinnie, too.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Thanks to this thread, I just bought it and am awaiting for it to come in. I totally forgot he wrote a book. Thanks for the reminder!

So far I've read Stewart Copeland's book, the John Bonham book, and the Danny Seraphine book. Being my age today, these stories have totally convinced me that touring music is for the young. I wouldn't dream of putting up with any of the crap they did back then ;)

opentune

Platinum Member
It's a great read. I went to a drum workshop of his - a very witty, engaging guy, with down to earth view on music. drumming and the biz . Probably the most innovative drummer of the past few decades, always thinking outside the box.

TOMANO

Bruford's book is a riot. His cynical and dry wit is hysterical and his insight into making music, business ethics and the personalities of artists is rich.

Enjoy,

Peace, MT