Best Practice Pad Stand?

nocTurnal

I need to get a practice pad stand that I can leave downstairs on the days that I can't get my practice done by 8pm. That way I can go downstairs after midnight when everyone's gone to bed and practice. I don't know if it makes any difference, but I own an Aquarian Tru-Bounce.

While you're at it, do you have a recommendation for someone who's been playing with Sound Percussion 7A sticks for a VERY long time now. What is the natural progression from this size? I was thinking of getting those Tommy Igoe Groove Essentials sticks since I mostly practice his material. Probably doesn't make a difference, I know. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
I just use a snare stand.

Sticks?....that's your cross to carry mate. There is no such thing as a "natural progression" from 7A's IMHO. Wander into a drum store and play a heap of 'em. Buy what you best like the feel of. Your choice of stick should be determined by comfort, feel, playability, durability and even style of music.....not because you are practising to someone's vid or playing their signature snare drum etc. I've used anything from 7A's through to 3B's, depending on the gig.