Belt drive for Tama Speed Cobra.

Late Bloomer

Does anyone know if you can get a Kevlar belt drive conversion for a Tama Speed Cobra pedal? I have been to a couple of drum shops in my area and no one seems to know. I tried to fit the one from my Pearl Eliminator, but the fittings are different.

lefty2

Platinum Member
The shop I bought mine had some a couple of yrs. ago. So I know they made them at one time. You might search some of the big on line stores like guitar center, Sweetwater, Interstate Music.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
I would just go to the Tama website,and search for authorized dealers in OZ.See if they have internet sales or just give them a call.

Better yet,here ya go mate.Phone 02 9698 4444

The Tama dealer in Oz is Australis Music.Website: www.australismusic.com.au

The part i think you want is actually for the flexi-glide Iron cobra HP95FH ,which is the strap kit.

Steve B

D

drumming sort of person

I remember seeing a YouTube video with someone showing how to swap out the chain drive for a strap. He used the Gibraltar strap. I can't find the video now.

Beam Me Up Scotty

Silver Member
I remember seeing a YouTube video with someone showing how to swap out the chain drive for a strap. He used the Gibraltar strap. I can't find the video now.
This.

I bought a couple DW straps that come with their 9000 pedals, and swapped them out for the chains on my Speedcobra double. Voila, instantaneous improvement. It can definitely be done.