Been documenting my snare drums more.

keep it simple

Platinum Member
This is so absolutely not my fault, but it's a great Idea. In fact, I'm thinking of stealing it, but taking it a step further (not in terms of playing prowess however :(

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
The format is excellent, it really highlights the differences in sound, as opposed to not remembering (or caring) what the last snare sounded like when there's no consistency in the execution of the demo(s).

Stroman

Platinum Member
Love the playing and the sound of each of the drums. As Les, said, the format is really excellent, too. Thanks, man!

Derek

Silver Member
Great way to demonstrate the characteristics of each drum; You've got some wonderful snare drums there Bill. As others already said, excellent format.

As always, love your playing.

P.S. - To Andy; yes it is your fault. "It's" always your fault, whatever "it" is.

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
Great way to demonstrate the characteristics of each drum; You've got some wonderful snare drums there Bill. As others already said, excellent format.

As always, love your playing.
Agreed. Great way to compare the snares. Very nice job on the audio side of things.

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
Excellent playing BillRay.

Your video just goes to show, a snare is a snare but how you play makes all the difference.

longgun

Gold Member
Great video.............and even better playing

I'm surprised how much I liked the sound of that little 10" Taye..............really held it's own against the others.

keep it simple

Platinum Member
P.S. - To Andy; yes it is your fault. "It's" always your fault, whatever "it" is.
Are you my wife's long lost brother? ;)

Regrettably, you're correct. I'm getting used to it :(

I think Bill's format is great!!!! I can't replicate the playing, but I do like the format, especially for comparing similar instruments. I'm thinking of stealing the concept but running identical tunings / heads, etc, so you're left only with the comparison element in question. I'll see how that works out.

If I run with it, then it becomes Bill's fault - yippee!!!!

BillRayDrums

Gold Member

I think Bill's format is great!!!! I can't replicate the playing, but I do like the format, especially for comparing similar instruments. I'm thinking of stealing the concept but running identical tunings / heads, etc, so you're left only with the comparison element in question. I'll see how that works out.

So send me a drum and I'll do a demo on it ;)

Derek

Silver Member

The horror! A Yank in the woodpile of the family tree (In my case, kindling). ;)

There you go; tag, run and Bill's it.